Team announcements are posted by Team Leaders to share important information, keep the team organized, and more.
|Posted By:||Team Announcement:|
AA Food ListsI hope that these AA lists help
FRUITS Apples, blackberries, blueberries, cherries, clementines, cranberries, grapefruit, lemons, nectarines, oranges, peaches, pomegranates, raspberries, red grapes, strawberries, tomatoes
HERBS AND SPICES Basil, black pepper, cilantro, cinnamon, cloves, cocoa powder, flaxseed, garlic, ginger, ginseng, lavender, licorice root, nutmeg, oregano, parsley, rosemary, tarragon, thistle, thyme, turmeric
VEGETABLES Artichokes, beets, bok choy, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage (red, savoy, white), carrots, cauliflower, chard, collard greens, endives, garlic, kale, mustard greens, olives, onions, peas, parsnips, peppers, pumpkins, radishes, salsify, scallions, shallots, soybean sprouts, spinach, string beans, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, turnips and their tops, watercress, winter squash,
OILS, SAUCES, AND CONDIMENTS Honey, maple syrup, olive oil, soy sauce
MUSHROOMS Enoki mushrooms, king oyster maitake, matsutake, oyster, reishi, shiitake
SEAFOOD Cuttlefish, flounder, haddock, halibut, herring, mackerel, oyster, salmon, sardines, sea cucumbers, seaweed (arame, dulse, hijiki, kombu, mozuku, nori, wakame), shrimp, sole, squid, squid ink, tuna
MEATS Chicken dark, turkey dark, goose dark,
LEGUMES, NUTS, AND BEANS Almonds, cashews, chestnuts, edamame, lentils, lima beans, pine nuts, sword jackbean, tofu, natto, walnuts,
DAIRY Cheese (Gouda, Jarlsberg, Emmenthal, Edam), yogurt
BEVERAGES Apple cider, cocoa powder, coffee, green tea, miso, red wine, white wine, soy milk
SWEETS Chocolate, honey, maple syrup
THE FOURTEEN MORE POTENT AA
Top 14 AA in potency (from video)
1 soy extract
7. red grapes
11. green tea
15. vitamin E (I know, not a food, and the slide didn't let us know his food source)
cabbage (red savoy white)
Indian curry spices
king oyster maitake
turnips and their tops
UGLY FRUIT - a cross of tangerine, grapefruit and Seville orange.
Zaatar is a generic name for a family of related Middle Eastern herbs oregano, basil, thyme and savory.
LESLIELENORE Interview is on AirListen to LESLIELENORE interview on Spark Radio, starting October 15.
Fall Colors AA Foods ChallengeIn the spirit of the changing leaves, which will soon be decking out most of the northern hemisphere, lets focus on those fall colors in our food choices.
Remember, the benefits from the anti-angiogenic foods we eat are synnergistic: they amplify each other when they are combined.
So for October, put together meals with 5 colorful AA ingredients and share your creations in the challenge forum under general discussions.
Welcome!1. Watch Dr. Li's video.
2. Print out the Anti-Angiogenic food list.
3. Highlight the foods you already eat.
4. Choose a team goal or 2 or 3. Whatever you choose will appear on your "Other Goal" page at SP where you can track your goal(s) daily.
5. We have a challenge going on in the General Discussion Forum all the time. You may participate in any challenge, even if the deadline has passed.
6. The prompt for each forum will be at the end of the forum (or the last page.)
7. We have places to share our AA recipes, progress reports, questions, and just to get to know one another.
8. Feel free to post on our Huddle Wall. If you're an early riser, you might meet "Joyfilled Me" there. Leave quick messages about your journey on the wall. The wall is like a magic slate. It is wiped clean daily!
9. If you are new to Spark People, you might like to visit our personal sparkpages, read our blogs, get to know us better, and click " Add as Spark Friend." If you leave a comment on our page, we'll probably do the same back at you.
9. We are a caring bunch. When the trials of life bombard you, we'd like to be supportive. When the joys of life flood over you, we'd like to celebrate with you. Please come be a part of our team as we work on our goals for health.