Team announcements are posted by Team Leaders to share important information, keep the team organized, and more.
|Posted By:||Team Announcement:|
Welcome to Team Popeye...this is what you need to know...PLEASE READ!To make this team the BEST it can be, we really need everyone to contribute to all of the discussions, create new topics, encourage and motivate team members when needed, and let us know what your wants and needs are...we want your input...also, please invite your other SparkFriends to come join us…Let's build this team together!
Here are some tips to getting the most out of SparkPeople and being a Team Popeye member:
If you are new to Spark, we suggest you use Your Spark Points Page as a map of the site until you know your way around. You can also go to the following links for more information:
* SparkPeople's User Guide:
* New Member Tutorial Videos:
* FORUM: "What Advice Would You Give to a New SP Member:
* For Additional Motivation:
1. Let us know when your birthday is...go to the following link:
2. Remember to huddle with the team every day...it is a fun way to motivate the team or let team members know how you are doing.
3. When introducing yourself to the team, please open the "introduce yourself to team forum" and then click the button that says "Create a new topic". Then start a thread of your own...or, like many already have, you can reply to the "Getting to know you game" or the "5 things your team members don't know about you".
4. Remember to sign up and then track the team goals. We try to make them fun, and welcome suggestions for future team goals!
5. Check out and participate in the team challenges…we have 2 every week…one is for the whole week (Monday - Sunday) and gets posted on Mondays, and one is a mini-challenge for the weekend which gets posted on Fridays. Also, post your weigh-in for the week and your weekly goals so we can all cheer you on!
6. The General Discussion Forum has a lot of great Topics, including a new Makeover Action Plan step every week which gets posted on Wednesdays, so start reading and posting your comments!
7. The Fun & Games, Inspiration, Motivation, etc. Forum has our “Brag Board”…this is where you post your accomplishments so we can all celebrate with you, so please don’t be shy…let us know of your successes!!
8. Remember to click the “See More Topics” buttons to see ALL topics in each of the Forums.
9. Don't forget to check out the team announcements, photos, links and blogs!
* The ANNOUNCEMENTS will always be emailed to you (besides this one).
* The PHOTOS…a great source of motivation…and they are fun to look at and a great way to see our fellow team members’ progress...so post your pictures and comment on others’!
* The LINKS are to various informative articles, favorite blogs, recipes, etc. Feel free to add a link whenever you find something worth sharing!
* The BLOGS are those of fellow Team Popeye members. We highly recommend befriending our team members and even subscribing to their blogs. We want to support eachother, and what better way than to read their blogs and post our support!
Thanks again for joining and, as always,