I need to put this out there for ME
1. I WANT
* to like the way I look and feel
* to be healthy
* to wear the clothes in my closet
2. I WILL
* watch my portions and food choices
* exercise, both strength and cardio
* drink my water ... Read more
Gold stars: a mini-blog
Some days you get one for a personal best.
Some days you get one just for showing up and doing what you can, whatever that may be.
You NEVER get one for not taking the first step out the door!... Read more
Tour de Cookie: Random Musings of the Day After
•My butt-bones are sore
•I am so tired
•I am eating too many carbs and drinking too much coffee because I am so tired
•My usual program on the elliptical this morning was too much and I wound up with a severe case of jelly-legs
... Read more
Thinking about a BIG step outside my comfort zone
Am I brave enough to enter a cycling event?
It's been just over a year since I got Esmerelda, my beloved road bike. I've had a great time riding around my neighborhood, the wind through my helmet, the bug... Read more
I may be a pod person
Last night dear daughter Muffin had the worst night she's had since she was a colicky baby of four months. She woke up just after I had gone to bed at 11:00. Actually, she scared me half to death--I was just drifting off when I heard someone w... Read more
Pretty proud of myself right now!
Okay, I realize that for the hard-core cyclists among us, this is pretty small potatoes, but for me it's HUGE: I logged in my 200th mile on my bike today! Actually, it's even more--by the time I got home, it was 205. Yippee! And, being the a... Read more
I really hope I haven't just done something stupid
The trip to Italy was beyond fabulous. The scenery, the history, the people, the food, the one pound of weight loss from walking everywhere... absolutely wonderful! We couldn't have asked for a better experience, except for one minor thing: ... Read more
My slightly-overdue fabulous day--WOO-HOO!
1. Finished having the heat pump installed. It is now completely protected against the elements, and our house is nice and coooooooollll..... just in time!
2. Insurance adjuster came by, checked everything out, measured just about ever... Read more
My wishlist for today
1. Heat pump will be replaced, nice and easy with no surprises, which are usually not so good and might involve roofing issues or termites.
2. Washing machine repairman will be here by 9 a.m. to fix washing machine that broke and flooded ... Read more
Well, what did I THINK was going to happen?
One week where I:
--didn't drink my water
--didn't eat my fruits and veggies
--didn't get any exercise, neither cardio nor strength training
--ate chocolate like it was going out of production
--didn't get enough sleep
--paid no atte... Read more
Okay, time to rethink
Had a good little discussion with myself in the shower this morning, right after I stepped on the scale and saw I was up 1.5 lbs again this week. It wasn't surprising, since last week had DH's birthday (and the Manly Mac), a baseball game, a di... Read more
Not all that sorry to be disappointed...
Today is my marvelous DH's birthday, and all he wanted was homemade mac and cheese for dinner. (Well, that and a gelato cake.) I had recently seen a recipe on the Food Network website for macaroni and cheese casserole with bacon topping. If t... Read more
Three (mostly) rhetorical questions
1. Why have I been such a kumquat lately? I know the topsy-turvy rating on my life has been elevated to Orange lately, and I am perhaps still readjusting to the current version of reality, but really? This level of blahs is just over the top.... Read more
With apologies to Tom Petty
It was a beautiful day, the sun beat down
I put my running shoes on, to go for a walk
The breeze was cool, my iPod was playing Hippy Hippy Shake
And I took off.
Yeah, running down the street
Never would've thought it'd be m... Read more
Asphalt 1; dignity 0
My bike ride yesterday was not what you'd call a stellar success. Sigh...
The bad: I fell off. Again. Scraped about a dimes' worth of skin off my palm deep enough so it bled all over my handgrip, and also took some skin off one elbow, m... Read more