The love/hate relationship with the scale!
I'm sure I am not the only one who feels this way, but there are times that either I wish I could "choke" our bathroom scale (assuming it has a throat to choke!), and give it a BIG hug! I had such a situation in the past few days....
Thurs... Read more
Where do these weekends go?? Well, I guess it is better than the alternatives! So, here's the highlights of my busy and fast weekend:
- Ran my first cold weather 5K race, and boy was it cold! 30'ish at the start of the rac... Read more
Some random events going on in my life:
- Hit a low water mark on the scale this morning -- 180.2! Exactly 86 pounds lost now, and just a scant 1.2 pounds more to go to hit my target and officially "be normal" on the BMI scale! Can't spea... Read more
A small step back....
Went to see my PCP today, and I was hoping that my hemoglobin A1C blood test was finally going to be in the "normal" range (5.6% or less). My last test in October was at 5.7, so I was THAT close!
Unfortunately, not only had it not gone d... Read more
First 5K of 2013: "Run to the Plunge"
My first 5K race for 2013 is the "Run to the Plunge" in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, on Saturday, February 2, and it is special one in that all the pledges benefit Delaware Special Olympics. The grand daddy event, the 2013 Polar Bear ... Read more
Ready for a "no alarm" weekend!
Wow -- 3 days in to the new year, and I am SOOOO looking forward to this weekend with no alarm to wake up to. Even though we just had a 4 day weekend it was a busy 4 day weekend with two parties and lots of activities in between. I do have som... Read more
Some different goals for me in 2013:
- Weight maintenance! I'm at 180.8 right now, and my PCP and Bariatric Dr both have indicated they do not want me to lose any more weight. So my goal is to stay between 175 and 185.
- Running:... Read more
2012 was a very eventful year (aren't they all?), but there were some unique items worth highlighting:
- Lost another 47 pounds, and am at 180.8. I still want to hit 179 and even maybe drop a few more to 175, but I'm in a very good spot w... Read more
Lack of sleep sucks!
So for those of you who followed my extended stay in the Denver airport, we finally made it to Philadelphia at 12:30AM Tuesday morning (we were supposed to arrived at 9:00PM the day before!). Our flight was not the only one to experience a dela... Read more
Fun times! Stuck in the Denver airport...
There is nothing quite as fun as being stuck in an airport when flights are delayed! I happen to be stuck in Denver as I blog due to the weather on the east coast (specifically Philadelphia). The current delay is 3:10, and hoping it does not g... Read more
It's Official: My first sub-30 minute 5K!
In the past few weeks, I've been able in training to get my 5K time under 30 minutes, but today was the big day -- my first official, chipped 5K race! And to add a little intrigue to this race, it was in Tucson, AZ, which is 1/2 mile above sea ... Read more
12/07/2012 in Arizona
Always a pleasure to be in Arizona -- warm temps, sunny skies, etc. Today is my dad's 81st birthday, and we have a few things planned:
- Lunch plans at a retirement community he is thinking he may move to . It is a very nice place, and I ... Read more
Another BIG Goal Acheived...
Finally broke the 5K in under 30 minute barrier this morning -- 29:55!! Not much more to add, except to say I am one happy camper!!
A good week...
Last day on my business trip in RTP, NC. I am very proud of how I kept an eye on the calories and what I ate, kept up with my exercise routine (albeit at a MUCH earlier time of the day!), and overall feel great! I will sleep well tonight I thi... Read more
Midweek Report (on the road)
So far so good on my business trip this week. At midweek, but still following my plan:
- Up at 5:00AM each day, in the workout room by 6:00AM. Had to deviate from my normal workout routine a little yesterday, as both treadmills were busy,... Read more
Get An Email Alert Each Time PLMITCH Posts