OOPS! Forgot the hat...
I was so excited to get outside yesterday and do yard work (it was sunny and in the 60's -- PREFECT yard work kind of day!), that I forgot to wear a hat! A year ago, there was hair on my head (granted, not too much!), now there is none! And th... Read more
Today marks 3 years since our first male greyhound, Gator, crossed the rainbow bridge. Thankfully the pain of losing him has gotten easier as the time has passed, and we know that he is truly having a better and pain free life. I sometimes hav... Read more
Another Running Milestone
So with now being able to consistently run 5K distance in under 30 minutes, one of my goal for 2013 is to compete in a 10K race. But as I did with the 5K distance, I wanted to set a time goal before I started looking for a race. My goal = under... Read more
Nothing like some GREAT vitals to put a smile on my face:
1) Weigh-in at my WLS's office this morning: UNDER GOAL!! (178)
2) Blood donation last Saturday:
- Non-fasting blood sugar: 101!
- Blood Pressure: 108/64!
... Read more
Amazing what a good night's rest will do...
- Monday, March 11 (day after daylight savings time change): sluggish, blah, etc. Strength training workout helped a little, but still did not feel too great.
- Tuesday, March 12: Up at 5AM! Off to Y and ran 4 miles! FEEL GREAT!!
... Read more
Day 2 of "normal"...
As I crawled out of bed this morning, I knew I wanted to face the scale and see if somehow I had dreamed that my weight has gotten into the BMI "normal" range. On top of that, my DW and I went out for a celebratory dinner last night at one of t... Read more
I did it! Took 513 days to get there, but I am finally in the "normal" range on the BMI scale! This was my goal when I had my WLS back in September of 2011 -- to get to "normal"!
May not be normal in other ways, but at least I am on this ... Read more
Eventful last 24 hours...
No shortage of interesting events over the past 24 hours:
- Of course all the "normal" stuff that fills up a Tuesday and Wednesday AM -- meals, workout (a great run yesterday at the Y -- 28:18 5K / 37:03 4 mile times), and bowling last even... Read more
Early rise this morning -- 0430!! My DW is taking my FIL to Baltimore for a medical test at UMMC. A test called an Enterscopy. Long day for them, but since I was up, took advantage and got through the newspapers early, then mapped out our ho... Read more
Submitted both ours and my dad's last evening - earliest EVER! That feels good!
... Read more
The love/hate relationship with the scale!
I'm sure I am not the only one who feels this way, but there are times that either I wish I could "choke" our bathroom scale (assuming it has a throat to choke!), and give it a BIG hug! I had such a situation in the past few days....
Thurs... Read more
Where do these weekends go?? Well, I guess it is better than the alternatives! So, here's the highlights of my busy and fast weekend:
- Ran my first cold weather 5K race, and boy was it cold! 30'ish at the start of the rac... Read more
Some random events going on in my life:
- Hit a low water mark on the scale this morning -- 180.2! Exactly 86 pounds lost now, and just a scant 1.2 pounds more to go to hit my target and officially "be normal" on the BMI scale! Can't spea... Read more
A small step back....
Went to see my PCP today, and I was hoping that my hemoglobin A1C blood test was finally going to be in the "normal" range (5.6% or less). My last test in October was at 5.7, so I was THAT close!
Unfortunately, not only had it not gone d... Read more
« First Page
Last Page »
First 5K of 2013: "Run to the Plunge"
My first 5K race for 2013 is the "Run to the Plunge" in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, on Saturday, February 2, and it is special one in that all the pledges benefit Delaware Special Olympics. The grand daddy event, the 2013 Polar Bear ... Read more