Trying to get back in the swing of things
What I've done right in my first week back at SparkPeople:
I've taken a walk every day, and I've hit my 10,000 step goal every day.
I'm commuting to work on the bicycle, so I'm getting about 60 minutes of cardio via the bike ride.... Read more
I have been away from SparkPeople for almost 2 years, and I regained all the weight that I previously lost. I've done that twice now. So what have I learned from this? I have learned that I can be really disciplined and consistent, and that I... Read more
Currently I am having no trouble whatsoever to stay motivated. But that was not the case last year. I keep wondering "What the heck was I thinking?" when I let myself regain some weight and was ignoring all my healthy eating habits. I know I ... Read more
So far so good
I haven't done a blog for a while, but I've been doing fairly well on my goals for 2013 in the month of March.
1. Tracking food: I have been doing that every day consistently. I am not always within my calorie range, but certainly most d... Read more
2013 Goals: how am I doing Week 9
Improving... building consistency....
1. Tracking food: 7 of 7 days, and within calories 7 of 7 days
... Read more
2013 Goals: how am I doing Week 8
A bit of a stumble this week, but I've picked myself up and these last 3 days have all been on course for success.
1. Tracking food 6 of 7 days, and within calories 5 of 7 days. There was a party on Saturday and I got off track for the week... Read more
This week is the first week in a very long time where I've actually planned and done some strength training. My muscles are sore. But I am so glad that I did the workouts this week. I was in a fitness rut. I was doing the same old cardio, an... Read more
2013 Goals: how am I doing Week 7
Not Perfect, but I definitely feel like I'm working my program.
1. Tracking food every day, and within calories 6 of 7 days.
2. Drinking tea 4 cups a day, Yes.
3. Morning workout: 4 of 7 days. Improved over last week!
4. Lunchtime w... Read more
2013 Goals: how am I doing Week 6
ON TRACK and IN CONTROL
1. Tracking food: every day tracked, and every day within calories
2. Drinking tea: 4 cups a day, Yes
3. Morning workout: 2 of 5 days. Better than zero!
4. Lunchtime walk: Yes every day
5. Eat clean and aim fo... Read more
2013 Goals: how am I doing Week 5
Week 4 was bad, and it continued into week #5. But that is behind me now. I was back on plan on Monday, walking at lunch every day and tracking my food. So for the past 3 days of week 5, I'm doing well. I'm not completely on target, but my a... Read more
2013 Goals: how am I doing Week 4
This has been a very bad week.
1. Tracking food - not done
2. Drinking tea - maybe 2 cups a day, but not my goal of 4 cups. I've been drinking more diet coke.
3. Morning workout - not done.
4. Lunchtime walk - not done every day...it... Read more
2013 Goals: how am I doing Week 3
1. Tracking food. I've been tracking my food. I've stayed within my calorie range everyday but one. Most of my food choices have been healthy foods, but I did slip up on Wednesday when I had a pack of peanut butter crackers from the vending m... Read more
2013 Goals: how am I doing
1. Tracking food. I've been tracking my food, but I haven't been staying within my calorie range. All my food choices have been healthy foods, just too much.
2. Drinking tea. I've cut out more of the diet soda (oh yes, I know that I rea... Read more
MICA'S GOALS FOR 2013:
My goals are about what to DO, not what to achieve. I can only control what I do, not the results. Obviously I hope for great results. But my goals for 2013 are about what I can do every day, not by what date I will have... Read more
Stress management at the holidays or at any other time:
#1 - ORGANIZE. I normally start with a To-Do list. Then I put due-dates/times on the To-Do, and estimated time to complete each task. If something can be done in short increments (l... Read more
Get An Email Alert Each Time MICAROO Posts