Mike Howard is a Personal Trainer in Vancouver, now associated with Fitocracy online training. I ran across 100 tips from him in some old Burn the Fat newsletters. I reported on Day 5 on 2/23/15, but I like Mike Howard's Tips, so I shall conti... Read more
I just joined the "Create Change Team"
www.sparkpeople.com/mysp ark/groups_individual.asp? gid=65211
For introductions, I summed up my last 12 months:
I'm Kate from Maryland. Positive Change is the name of the... Read more
BLC27 was a mixed bag for me. I cannot fault BLC at all -- I was responsible!
I began BLC27 at a lower weight than I had ever imagined I could achieve. I wasn't anxious to lose, but I wasn't sure that I had reached my maintenance level. ... Read more
In my dreams, I run, just as I ran from one end of campus to the other while in college, just because I felt like it.
Now, as a senior on Medicare, after decades of sedentary lifestyle, I can run... for about 2 minutes. However, last June,... Read more
Back to 10 tips a day from Vancouver trainer, Mike Howard... Today is Day 5.
41. Join a challenge. While getting and keeping fit is a lifestyle with no time-constraints, transformation challenges can provide the right platform to propel you... Read more
The latest U.S. nutrition report, just issued publicly for comments prior to official acceptance, makes sense to me; I have included the official source link for my excerpts that follow the link:
www.health.gov/dietarygu idelines... Read more
Here are tips 31-40 from Vancouver trainer, Mike Howard:
31. Vitamin D, fish oil a multivitamin/mineral and protein powder are “bordering-on-necessary” front line supplements.
32. Write down what you eat. Be specific and honest. Food l... Read more
Here is the third installment, 10 more tips, from Vancouver trainer Mike Howard, and afterwards I will add my comments:
21. Moderation: It’s less than you think it is.
22. Enter into and re-commit to your health journey knowing that it... Read more
Today's 10 tips from Vancouver trainer, Mike Howard:
11. Yoga and Pilates can be effective but if your goal is fat loss or performance-based – they should be “extra’s” when you’ve done your strength/metabolic/cardio work.
12. Fat loss ... Read more
I'm going through some old emails from Tom Venuto's Burn the Fat and Feed the Muscle newsletter, and wandered across a series of 100 tips from Vancouver-based trainer, Mike Howard (currently associated with fitocracy.com for online coaching). I... Read more
I want to say, "I am not bound!"
But it is defiant,
For I feel hemmed in by my limitations
And my timidity to act.
I wrote that poem about 40 years ago. It rings true to me now. It is a recurring personal theme, as evidenced by my b... Read more
Tis the eve before the last weigh-in for BLC26. I'm curious to see just what my Weight Watchers weigh-in will reveal tomorrow, 12/10/14, at noon.
In June I returned to SP to track nutrition and exercise, and to rejoin BLC. It was time to ... Read more