Advertisement -- Learn more
about ads on this site.
TMI about sleep
I didn't blog it yesterday but I woke yesterday morning feeling great. I felt some pleasant aches from doing some exercises I was unaccustomed to, but DH & I both commented on how well rested we felt and that is because we got 8 hours' sleep.
... Read more
What a great night's sleep I had last night. I've had a cold and it hasn't been so easy to sleep through, what with waking up coughing, so I guess that is why I am noticing how good I feel after a straight 7.5 hours.
I think that getting a... Read more
30. What are you most proud of about your journey towards healthy living this month?
30. What are you most proud of about your journey towards healthy living during the month of September?
Thirty days blogging is a big commitment. I am proud that I kept up the blogging and answered the questions the best I could. It has bee... Read more
Back from Queenstown
The 30 Days of blogging has been great, but has displaced other blogs i might have written. And I've been having fun!
We went to Queenstown, which is an alpine resort town in the central South Island. It is surrounded by amazing mountains, ca... Read more
30 days blogging. 29. Share 10 facts about you unrelated to your wellness journey.
29. There is so much MORE to you than your wellness journey. Please share 10 facts about yourself that aren't related to your weight loss journey, how you eat, or how you exercise.
I have visited Australia, the Pacific, Asia, the US, Englan... Read more
27. Have you ever hired anyone to help you with your journey?
?27. Have you ever hired anyone to help you with your journey A personal trainer. A dietician/nutritionist? A wellness coach? A life coach? What worked and didn't work?
I went to a dietician but she didn't have any skills to help me follow th... Read more
30 days of blogging. 28. What do you do for wellness?
28. What do you do for wellness? For example, to increase emotional, spiritual, or intellectual well-being?
To be well I spend time working in the garden, I find it soothing and calming, and I enjoy the creatures about me. Even though it i... Read more
30 day blog. 26. Do you like to exercise alone, in a group...?
26. Do you like to exercise alone, with a partner, in a small group, or in a large group? Why?
I like to exercise in my Zumba class, it is nice to greet people and to be welcomed. It is a small group, mostly about 12 or so. I like to be in... Read more
25. Forms of fitness/exercise that you tried and gave up...?
25. ? Is there any form of fitness/exercise that you would like to try?
In my yoof I rode horses and I played badminton and squash. I did ballet, jazzercise, yoga and Tai Chi. I tried step classes and I did aerobics in a class. I did weight t... Read more
30 days blog. Day 24. When did you incorporate fitness goals into your healthy lifestyle?
24. When did you incorporate fitness goals into your healthy lifestyle? (Before starting to lose weight, during weight loss, after goal weight, etc.)
I began exercising purposefully before starting to lose weight. Activity and functionality i... Read more
30 days blogging: 23. What are your current fitness goals?
My current goals are:
Increase frequency & intensity of exercise.
Incorporate ST into regular routines.
Improve flexibility with a good stretching routine.
I am set to have this all embedded by the end of October, then I will have a s... Read more
22. What is your current workout/fitness routine?
Zumba three sessions per week. Aqua fitness one 2 hour session & usually 1 other one hour. Have just added 20 minutes elliptical and plan to add one more and then build them up to 30 minutes each.
ST not happening enough, get it in the water ... Read more
30 days blogging.21. Did you or do you have any disordered eating habits?
21. Did you or do you have any disordered eating habits - binging, purging, excessive calorie restriction or excessive exercise? How did develop (or how are you developing) a healthier relationship with food?
Yes I did. It is hard for me to i... Read more
20. What are your favorite healthy foods? What healthy foods have you 'discovered' along the way t
I love the fresh herbs I pick from my very humble kitchen garden, especially mint, which is the secret salad ingredient that makes people ask for more.
I have just started cooking with quinoa, which I love for its nutty taste and the little bu... Read more
Day 19. What 'unhealthy' food(s)/drink(s) do you refuse to give up? Any that you have given up com
I realise from my travels that where I live, in NZ, we are lucky to have fabulous food, much better quality than is available in a lot of the developed world. So maybe that contributes to my thinking on this...
Which is, I don't think it i... Read more
Get An Email Alert Each Time FIFIFRIZZLE Posts