Back on track
Lovely day today, I snapped a photo of my dear cat Edith enjoying the newly mown grass. No matter that she is 13, she still gets a big kick out of life. It's cool out in the wind, but lovely and warm in the sun inside the house.
I'm enjoying g... Read more
TMI about sleep
I didn't blog it yesterday but I woke yesterday morning feeling great. I felt some pleasant aches from doing some exercises I was unaccustomed to, but DH & I both commented on how well rested we felt and that is because we got 8 hours' sleep.
... Read more
What a great night's sleep I had last night. I've had a cold and it hasn't been so easy to sleep through, what with waking up coughing, so I guess that is why I am noticing how good I feel after a straight 7.5 hours.
I think that getting a... Read more
Chick checking in
I've been feeling unwell with a cold and just realised it has been a week since I blogged.
We are having true spring weather here, cold and grey today and snowing not too far away, wonderfully hot yesterday for some of the day, who knows what ... Read more
Queenstown spring holiday: Majestic Milford
One of the things I love about traveling in New Zealand is the geology. Although we are a young country, there is all sorts of terrain.
We flew into Queenstown on a lovely sunny day. Most of our trip was along the spine of the South Island... Read more
Queenstown holiday: Arrowtown, Lake Hayes, Glenorchy, Cromwell
As I was saying, Arrowtown was a busy gold mining town. Here is a picture of a Chinese miner's hut...
We enjoyed exploring these historic sites, such hard lives these min... Read more
30. What are you most proud of about your journey towards healthy living this month?
30. What are you most proud of about your journey towards healthy living during the month of September?
Thirty days blogging is a big commitment. I am proud that I kept up the blogging and answered the questions the best I could. It has bee... Read more
Back from Queenstown
The 30 Days of blogging has been great, but has displaced other blogs i might have written. And I've been having fun!
We went to Queenstown, which is an alpine resort town in the central South Island. It is surrounded by amazing mountains, ca... Read more
30 days blogging. 29. Share 10 facts about you unrelated to your wellness journey.
29. There is so much MORE to you than your wellness journey. Please share 10 facts about yourself that aren't related to your weight loss journey, how you eat, or how you exercise.
I have visited Australia, the Pacific, Asia, the US, Englan... Read more
27. Have you ever hired anyone to help you with your journey?
?27. Have you ever hired anyone to help you with your journey A personal trainer. A dietician/nutritionist? A wellness coach? A life coach? What worked and didn't work?
I went to a dietician but she didn't have any skills to help me follow th... Read more
30 days of blogging. 28. What do you do for wellness?
28. What do you do for wellness? For example, to increase emotional, spiritual, or intellectual well-being?
To be well I spend time working in the garden, I find it soothing and calming, and I enjoy the creatures about me. Even though it i... Read more
30 day blog. 26. Do you like to exercise alone, in a group...?
26. Do you like to exercise alone, with a partner, in a small group, or in a large group? Why?
I like to exercise in my Zumba class, it is nice to greet people and to be welcomed. It is a small group, mostly about 12 or so. I like to be in... Read more
25. Forms of fitness/exercise that you tried and gave up...?
25. ? Is there any form of fitness/exercise that you would like to try?
In my yoof I rode horses and I played badminton and squash. I did ballet, jazzercise, yoga and Tai Chi. I tried step classes and I did aerobics in a class. I did weight t... Read more
30 days blog. Day 24. When did you incorporate fitness goals into your healthy lifestyle?
24. When did you incorporate fitness goals into your healthy lifestyle? (Before starting to lose weight, during weight loss, after goal weight, etc.)
I began exercising purposefully before starting to lose weight. Activity and functionality i... Read more
30 days blogging: 23. What are your current fitness goals?
My current goals are:
Increase frequency & intensity of exercise.
Incorporate ST into regular routines.
Improve flexibility with a good stretching routine.
I am set to have this all embedded by the end of October, then I will have a s... Read more
Get An Email Alert Each Time FIFIFRIZZLE Posts