30 days of blogging. 28. What do you do for wellness?
28. What do you do for wellness? For example, to increase emotional, spiritual, or intellectual well-being?
To be well I spend time working in the garden, I find it soothing and calming, and I enjoy the creatures about me. Even though it i... Read more
30 day blog. 26. Do you like to exercise alone, in a group...?
26. Do you like to exercise alone, with a partner, in a small group, or in a large group? Why?
I like to exercise in my Zumba class, it is nice to greet people and to be welcomed. It is a small group, mostly about 12 or so. I like to be in... Read more
25. Forms of fitness/exercise that you tried and gave up...?
25. ? Is there any form of fitness/exercise that you would like to try?
In my yoof I rode horses and I played badminton and squash. I did ballet, jazzercise, yoga and Tai Chi. I tried step classes and I did aerobics in a class. I did weight t... Read more
30 days blog. Day 24. When did you incorporate fitness goals into your healthy lifestyle?
24. When did you incorporate fitness goals into your healthy lifestyle? (Before starting to lose weight, during weight loss, after goal weight, etc.)
I began exercising purposefully before starting to lose weight. Activity and functionality i... Read more
30 days blogging: 23. What are your current fitness goals?
My current goals are:
Increase frequency & intensity of exercise.
Incorporate ST into regular routines.
Improve flexibility with a good stretching routine.
I am set to have this all embedded by the end of October, then I will have a s... Read more
22. What is your current workout/fitness routine?
Zumba three sessions per week. Aqua fitness one 2 hour session & usually 1 other one hour. Have just added 20 minutes elliptical and plan to add one more and then build them up to 30 minutes each.
ST not happening enough, get it in the water ... Read more
30 days blogging.21. Did you or do you have any disordered eating habits?
21. Did you or do you have any disordered eating habits - binging, purging, excessive calorie restriction or excessive exercise? How did develop (or how are you developing) a healthier relationship with food?
Yes I did. It is hard for me to i... Read more
20. What are your favorite healthy foods? What healthy foods have you 'discovered' along the way t
I love the fresh herbs I pick from my very humble kitchen garden, especially mint, which is the secret salad ingredient that makes people ask for more.
I have just started cooking with quinoa, which I love for its nutty taste and the little bu... Read more
Day 19. What 'unhealthy' food(s)/drink(s) do you refuse to give up? Any that you have given up com
I realise from my travels that where I live, in NZ, we are lucky to have fabulous food, much better quality than is available in a lot of the developed world. So maybe that contributes to my thinking on this...
Which is, I don't think it i... Read more
30 days of blogging. Day 18: a go to meal?
18. Do you have a go-to meal for days when you have to be on the go, no time to stop to eat and no refrigeration/cooler available?
I always make time to stop and eat. I might put fruit in my bag, some nuts & raisins, maybe a piece of chee... Read more
30 day blog challenge. Two to go then I am all caught up
15. What is your favorite weight loss, fitness, or wellness blog (or website or magazine) outside of Sparkpeople?
I am finding Sparkpeople is the best. It isn't perfect, I find the food side of things a challenge as I have said before, beca... Read more
Day 14 of 30 day challenge. What life style changes have been easier than you expected? Why?
(Still playing catchup after my break.)
The exercise. I found something I liked, & with encouragement from my Sparkbuddies, I dared to make an idiot of myself at Zumba. Guess what? No-one was watching! And I found that I like to exercise wi... Read more
13. What has been the hardest life style change you've made for the sake of becoming healthier?
13. What has been the hardest life style change you've made for the sake of becoming healthier? Any tips for making that change easier?
It all starts off hard. I haven't got to the hardest thing yet, I'm going for the low hanging fruit.
... Read more
30 day Blog challenge day 17
I have been on a short break, so have some catching up to do. In the meantime, today's blog is: 17. Do you have any meals/snacks that you repeat over and over? What are they?
Poached eggs on toast.
Stir fry with thai green curry paste, so... Read more
Post a picture of your inspiration.
Take a look in the mirror, sparkers!
It is YOU!
Get An Email Alert Each Time FIFIFRIZZLE Posts