Advertisement -- Learn more
about ads on this site.
30 days blog. Day 24. When did you incorporate fitness goals into your healthy lifestyle?
24. When did you incorporate fitness goals into your healthy lifestyle? (Before starting to lose weight, during weight loss, after goal weight, etc.)
I began exercising purposefully before starting to lose weight. Activity and functionality i... Read more
30 days blogging: 23. What are your current fitness goals?
My current goals are:
Increase frequency & intensity of exercise.
Incorporate ST into regular routines.
Improve flexibility with a good stretching routine.
I am set to have this all embedded by the end of October, then I will have a s... Read more
22. What is your current workout/fitness routine?
Zumba three sessions per week. Aqua fitness one 2 hour session & usually 1 other one hour. Have just added 20 minutes elliptical and plan to add one more and then build them up to 30 minutes each.
ST not happening enough, get it in the water ... Read more
30 days blogging.21. Did you or do you have any disordered eating habits?
21. Did you or do you have any disordered eating habits - binging, purging, excessive calorie restriction or excessive exercise? How did develop (or how are you developing) a healthier relationship with food?
Yes I did. It is hard for me to i... Read more
20. What are your favorite healthy foods? What healthy foods have you 'discovered' along the way t
I love the fresh herbs I pick from my very humble kitchen garden, especially mint, which is the secret salad ingredient that makes people ask for more.
I have just started cooking with quinoa, which I love for its nutty taste and the little bu... Read more
Day 19. What 'unhealthy' food(s)/drink(s) do you refuse to give up? Any that you have given up com
I realise from my travels that where I live, in NZ, we are lucky to have fabulous food, much better quality than is available in a lot of the developed world. So maybe that contributes to my thinking on this...
Which is, I don't think it i... Read more
30 days of blogging. Day 18: a go to meal?
18. Do you have a go-to meal for days when you have to be on the go, no time to stop to eat and no refrigeration/cooler available?
I always make time to stop and eat. I might put fruit in my bag, some nuts & raisins, maybe a piece of chee... Read more
30 day blog challenge. Two to go then I am all caught up
15. What is your favorite weight loss, fitness, or wellness blog (or website or magazine) outside of Sparkpeople?
I am finding Sparkpeople is the best. It isn't perfect, I find the food side of things a challenge as I have said before, beca... Read more
Day 14 of 30 day challenge. What life style changes have been easier than you expected? Why?
(Still playing catchup after my break.)
The exercise. I found something I liked, & with encouragement from my Sparkbuddies, I dared to make an idiot of myself at Zumba. Guess what? No-one was watching! And I found that I like to exercise wi... Read more
13. What has been the hardest life style change you've made for the sake of becoming healthier?
13. What has been the hardest life style change you've made for the sake of becoming healthier? Any tips for making that change easier?
It all starts off hard. I haven't got to the hardest thing yet, I'm going for the low hanging fruit.
... Read more
30 day Blog challenge day 17
I have been on a short break, so have some catching up to do. In the meantime, today's blog is: 17. Do you have any meals/snacks that you repeat over and over? What are they?
Poached eggs on toast.
Stir fry with thai green curry paste, so... Read more
Post a picture of your inspiration.
Take a look in the mirror, sparkers!
It is YOU!
11. What do you like most about your body? Has this changed?
11. What do you like most about your body? Has what you like most about your body changed as you've progressed towards your goals?
My body. Poor body, I have not been good to it. Never the less it has done its very best for me, taking nourish... Read more
Day 10. Why are you working towards the goal you talked about on Day 1?
10. Why are you working towards the goal you talked about on Day 1? Particular health goal? Size goal? Activity goal? Vanity goal?
That goal was to be exercising 5 or 6 days a week for an hour, an activity goal. Why? Well, I want to establish ... Read more
Day 9. do you think your thoughts about weight loss, fitness, and wellness have changed over time?
9. How old are you and do you think your thoughts about weight loss, fitness, and wellness have changed over time?
I don't divulge my age. I do think differently now about these things.
Weight loss: Meh. To be honest, I'm not very interes... Read more
Get An Email Alert Each Time FIFIFRIZZLE Posts