1. Be wary of checkout areas. There are lots of enticing little items here; ask yourself if you really need something before you add it to your pile.
2. Get in and get out. The more time you spend in a store, the more you’re likely to buy. ... Read more
Eating between meals can hlep you lost weight-if you choose the right foods.
Snacks are so big, they've almost become meals. Americans get roughly a quarter of their calories each day from snacks, up from 18 percent in 1977. That's a bell... Read more
Need a quick jolt of happiness, right now? Try this:
Distract yourself. If you’re feeling upset, give yourself some relief. Watch a funny movie or TV show. Read a book you love. Call a friend. Giving yourself a break may help you cope bette... Read more
Eat less from a dark plate.
Does a white plate make you eat more? It depends on the color of your food. At the Cornell Food and Brand Lab, they found that buffet diners served themselves about 24 percent more when they were offered white ... Read more
1. Give support. Along with the feeling of intimacy, one of the best aspects of friendship is the feeling of support it provides. And although getting support is important, giving support may be even more important to boosting happiness.
2.... Read more
We unconsciously catch emotions—whether good ones or bad ones—from other people. Someone in a happy, energetic mood will help boost the moods of others, but unfortunately, a negative mood can be more contagious than a positive one.
Catch m... Read more
Marketing researchers call it the "denomination effect". Larger bills feel more valuable than the equivalant amount of money in smaller bills. That's why we're more reluctant to spend a $20 bill than a $5 bill.
Want to avoid impulse buys ... Read more
Take a blank sheet of paper. On it - list the letters of the alphabet from A - U as follows:
Next assign a number to each letter from 1 - 21 starting wi... Read more
Think About WHY
Write a list of at least 10 reasons why you want to lose or maintain your weight. If you’ve done this before, write a new list. Then pull out the previous one and compare the two. Any time you start to lose motivation, read you... Read more
Is it worth it? Here's what that midday bag of munchies really costs you.
Lusting after that candy bar or bag of chips from the cafeteria vending machine? Would you give in to temptation if you knew you'd have to log 30 minutes o n the elli... Read more
1. Exercise most days, even if it’s just taking a walk.
2. No caffeine after 6:00 P.M.
3. An hour before bedtime, avoid doing any kind of work that takes alert thinking.
4. Adjust your bedroom temperature to be slightly chilly.
... Read more