1. Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good. Don’t decide it’s worth exercising only if you can run five miles or bike for an hour. Even going for a ten-minute walk is worthwhile. Do what you can.
2. Suit up. Even if you’re not sure y... Read more
1. Admit your mistakes. This is extremely effective. If you’re willing to take the blame, people will give you responsibility. Admitting mistakes is the first step, then …
2. Explain what you’ve learned. If you can show a critic that you’ve... Read more
Rearranging your refrigerator can be the key to avoiding a junk-food chow down. A study found that we're three times more likely to eat the first thing we see when we open the door than the fifth item we see - so shove the leftover pizza to the... Read more
1. Be wary of checkout areas. There are lots of enticing little items here; ask yourself if you really need something before you add it to your pile.
2. Get in and get out. The more time you spend in a store, the more you’re likely to buy. ... Read more
Eating between meals can hlep you lost weight-if you choose the right foods.
Snacks are so big, they've almost become meals. Americans get roughly a quarter of their calories each day from snacks, up from 18 percent in 1977. That's a bell... Read more
Need a quick jolt of happiness, right now? Try this:
Distract yourself. If you’re feeling upset, give yourself some relief. Watch a funny movie or TV show. Read a book you love. Call a friend. Giving yourself a break may help you cope bette... Read more
Eat less from a dark plate.
Does a white plate make you eat more? It depends on the color of your food. At the Cornell Food and Brand Lab, they found that buffet diners served themselves about 24 percent more when they were offered white ... Read more
1. Give support. Along with the feeling of intimacy, one of the best aspects of friendship is the feeling of support it provides. And although getting support is important, giving support may be even more important to boosting happiness.
2.... Read more
We unconsciously catch emotions—whether good ones or bad ones—from other people. Someone in a happy, energetic mood will help boost the moods of others, but unfortunately, a negative mood can be more contagious than a positive one.
Catch m... Read more