I have to walk early in the morning, before my brain figures out what I'm doing.
I joined a health club last year, spent about 400 bucks. Haven't lost a pound. Apparently you have to go there.
If you are going to try cross-country skii... Read more
Try not to judge people harshly, especially on first meeting. Their actions might not reveal their enduring character but instead reflect some current situation in which they find themselves.... Read more
Cliff & I took our two ferrets to the vet today. Conrad was due for his regular checkup and shots. Popcorn - well, we both felt that he was hurting and trying to tell us he was ready to go over the rainbow bridge - so we decided to bring him t... Read more
10. “Cleanliness. Tolerate no Uncleanness in Body, Cloaths, or Habitation.”
11. “Tranquility. Be not disturbed at Trifles, or at Accidents common or unavoidable.”
12. “Chastity. Rarely use Venery but for Health or Offspring; Never to D... Read more
5. “Frugality. Make no Expense but to do good to others or yourself: i.e., Waste nothing.”
6. “Industry. Lose no time. Be always employ’d in something useful. Cut off all unnecessary Actions.”
7. “Sincerity. Use no hurtful Deceit. Thin... Read more
As he records in his autobiography, Benjamin Franklin “conceiv’d the bold and arduous Project of arriving at moral Perfection.” He wrote a catalog of 13 moral virtues, and he drew a graph on which he scored his successes and failures each day. H... Read more
When you take yourself too seriously, you end up being hard on yourself when you screw up. Instead, try to remember that even though there may be many eyes on you, it's best just to get out there and have a good time.... Read more
“Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind.”
What do you call a hippopotamus who’s always sick?
A hippochondriac... Read more
If you start the morning in a harried, angry, or frustrated mood, it’s hard to recover your happiness—so it’s very helpful to try to keep the first hour of your day happy and serene.
1. Get enough sleep! It can be tempting to stay up late, ... Read more