Need a quick jolt of happiness, right now? Try this:
Reach out to friends. Call, make a lunch date, or send an e-mail to a friend. Having warm, close bonds with other people is one of the keys to happiness, so take the time to stay in touch... Read more
Although some people assume that exercise is tiring, in fact it boosts energy, especially in sedentary people. But even when you know the benefits, it can be hard to form the habit. Try these strategies:
1. Give yourself credit for the smal... Read more
A man noticed that the type on his printer was getting faint. He called a local repair shop, and was told by a friendly employee that it probably just needed to be cleaned. Because the store charged $50.00 for such cleanings, the employee told... Read more
Well, we took our annual trip to the Quad Cities to view eagles in the wild. Unfortunately, this year we did not get to see a single eagle. :-(
However, we had fun with my Dad & his girlfriend anyway. Plus, we went to the movies after we dr... Read more
What makes you happier: To go to bed early and wake up early, or to go to bed late and wake up late?
• What are your favorite parts of your ordinary day?
• What would your perfect day look like? Can you make an ordinary day look more like yo... Read more
1. Turn out the light as soon as you’re sleepy. Getting enough sleep makes a huge difference in your sense of energy and cheerfulness.
2. Walk around the block. A little exercise and a little sunlight will give you a big boost.
3. Take... Read more
Make time for play. What is play? An activity that’s satisfying, has no economic significance, doesn’t create social harm, and doesn’t necessarily lead to praise or recognition. Play is not merely idle time; it’s an opportunity to experiment wit... Read more
My weigh-in last night was a real nail-biter for me since I wasn't sure if I would have succeeded in losing the weight I put on during my convalesence from knee replacement surgery. I truly was concerned that I might lose my KOPS status which w... Read more
If you’re trying to make a tough decision, ask these five questions to help yourself think more clearly:
• What am I waiting for?
• What would I do if I weren’t scared?
• What steps would make things easier?
• What would I do if I had... Read more
Today is National Compliment Day, so be sure to spread the wealth - compliment as many people as you can, but be sincere.
I want to compliment every single one of my SparkPeople friends for being there for me in good times and in bad. You ... Read more