October Goals and info about October.
Today is the first of October and it's time for me to list my goals again. Before I do, I'd like to give some information about October.
1. October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. I have always made an appointment for my mammogram to ... Read more
Last day of September and end of blog challenge + picture
30. What are you most proud of about your journey towards healthy living during the month of September?
The thing I am most proud of for September is my great PET scan and gaining from 117 to 122. That number seems to make everyone else ha... Read more
Day #29 of Blog Challenge - not wellness related!
29. There is so much MORE to you than your wellness journey. Please share 10 facts about yourself that aren't related to your weight loss journey, how you eat, or how you exercise.
1. This is my third marriage and I have been married sin... Read more
Blog #28 for wellness journey challenge
28. What do you do for wellness? For example, to increase emotional, spiritual, or intellectual well-being?
Some of the best things I do for my wellness are to smile a lot, try to get rid of the negativity around me - even people, - try to... Read more
Blog entries for Day#26 & #27 fitness journey challenge and some GREAT news!!
26. Do you like to exercise alone, with a partner, in a small group, or in a large group? Why?
A lot depends on what I am doing. I do my exercises, walking in place during commercials, exercising to videos or DVDs, and stationary bike alo... Read more
Blog entry #25 of challenge on journey to wellness.
25. Is there any form of fitness/exercise that you tried and gave up? Is there any form of fitness/exercise that you would like to try?
Since i first injured my knee on the elliptical, I gave it up and don't want to go back to it - ever!! ... Read more
Blog #24 for Sept Journey Challenge
24. When did you incorporate fitness goals into your healthy lifestyle? (Before starting to lose weight, during weight loss, after goal weight, etc.)
I incorporated the fitness goals after I had been active on Spark for about two weeks. A... Read more
Blog #23 of Challenge more about exercise
23. What are your current fitness goals?
My current fitness goals are to try to do daily what I have been doing each day since I was so ill. I watch new videos everyday and often add those to my list on my exercise tracker. That way I ge... Read more
Blog #22 of my journey challenge
22. What is your current workout/fitness routine?
Currently I have several things I do. Just about daily (depends on the weather) I walk. If the weather is bad, I'll do some walking in place and around the house as I did with my PT thera... Read more
Blog #21 of challenge and answers from earlier entries
21. Did you or do you have any disordered eating habits - binging, purging, excessive calorie restriction or excessive exercise? How did develop (or how are you developing) a healthier relationship with food?
No, I have never had an eating... Read more
Blog #20 of challenge
20. What are your favorite healthy foods? What healthy foods have you 'discovered' along the way to better eating habits?
I have so many healthy foods that I love now, that I hadn't before. Before my journey that is. I found that i have ... Read more
Blog #19 on my journey
19. What 'unhealthy' food(s)/drink(s) do you refuse to give up? Any that you have given up completely?
I am of the opinion that you don't have to "give up" anything as long as you watch the portion size and how often you treat yourself. S... Read more
18 of 30 day journey blog
18. Do you have a go-to meal for days when you have to be on the go, no time to stop to eat and no refrigeration/cooler available?
I used to do this when I worked afternoon watch (The busiest there was). I'd but several different veggies... Read more
Game Day Saturday...what a hoot.... and the rest of the week
Saturday was game day for our Florida Gators. I didn't get all fixed up in my game day outfit and jewellery, but I still have my Gator Nails. Since I have my own polishes, I'm going to try to keep them up for most of the season.
... Read more
Blog Day #17
17. Do you have any meals/snacks that you repeat over and over? What are they?
I have a lot of foods/meals I repeat often. I have some kind on Ensure every morning. I like to use Swanson's low sodium broth and add veggies I have on hand ... Read more