Advertisement -- Learn more
about ads on this site.
Weigh-in Wednesday:No More Numbers
Last week's weight: 188.2
This week's weight: 190.2
GAIN of 2 pounds
Yes, you read that right. I gained two pounds. In one week. Even though I exercised 4 times, the most I've exercised all month long. You wanna know how I managed... Read more
Mid-August Goals Checkup
Now that the month of August is half over, let's see how I'm doing on my goals, shall we?
1. No Facebook until I lose 5 pounds. GOAL MET. I weighed 187.8 yesterday, which is exactly 5 pounds down from my August starting weight, so you ca... Read more
I found a quote from Karen Lamb on Pinterest the other day (Pinterest is so fun!) that instantly made me stop and think: "A year from now you will wish you had started today."
Reading these words led me to play a little game of "What if?" ... Read more
I'm just barely managing to post this weigh-in Wednesday post on Wednesday, but here I am!
Last week's weight: 191
This week's weight: 189.4
LOSS of 1.6 pounds
Woohoo! I only have 1.6 pounds left to lose before I can log back in t... Read more
Even though I just weighed in on Monday to get my starting weight for August, I want to keep my weigh ins on Wednesdays, so I am weighing in again. And let's be honest, I weigh every day right now anyway, so I may as well blog about it! :)
... Read more
Is anyone else completely shocked that it's already August?? Where has this year gone? I will tell you one thing: I am ready to say goodbye to summer! It's just too hot.
Since my last post, I have been doing a lot of thinking and planni... Read more
Last week's weight: 190.8
This week's weight: 191.2
GAIN of .4 pounds
I'm not surprised, and I'm actually relieved it's only a .4 gain. For whatever reason I am just stuck, mentally and physically. I told Stephen the other night th... Read more
Mid-July Goals Checkup
The month of July is over halfway finished, so I thought I would revisit my goals. I haven't done a weekly report at all (shame shame), so here's my lame attempt at playing catch up.
1. Get into the 180s. As of Saturday, I weighed 191.2,... Read more
One thing that is great about starting my day with the Lord is that I have time to pray and ask Him to help me through the day. So yesterday (and today as well) I prayed that God would give me strength to go through the day making healthy choic... Read more
June Goals Report: Week 3
1. Lose 6 pounds. Weight as of June 15: 192.6. Weight as of June 22: 194.4 Blah. I gained 1.8 pounds. Obviously, I want the scale to be moving in the OTHER direction, but as you'll see from the rest of this week's report, I didn't earn it.
... Read more
June Goals Report: Week 2
I'm super giddy about posting this because I had a pretty great week. See for yourself:
1. Lose 6 pounds. Weight as of June 8: 196.6. Weight as of June 15: 192.6. That's right, I lost FOUR pounds!! I was ecstatic when I saw this number t... Read more
The Zero Calorie Solution to Stress
I don't talk much about my job on here, but it has been stressful lately because one of the people in my department retired recently, and so my workload has increased significantly. This morning, I got overwhelmed just looking at the work piled ... Read more
June Goals: Week 1 Report
Here's how I did for the first week:
1. Lose 6 pounds. Epic fail here. I actually gained .2 pounds this week, weighing in at 196.6. I am SO ready to see something besides 196 on the scale! I am sure the gain is due to the not one but t... Read more
It's Go Time
(I'm a little late in posting this, but I wanted to share it anyway.)
I'm ready to get serious about shedding this baby weight, so with that seriousness comes a plan and goals (of course!). But first, some incredibly humiliating pictures t... Read more
Not Giving Up
It's true, I'm not giving up. Thanks to those who commented on my last post and encouraged me. I knew even when I wrote it that I wouldn't actually give up, but I think I needed to just say that I wanted to so I could move past it. I have fel... Read more