Another Monday Shocker
Did weigh in; same as ever. Have a habit of eating yoplait pina colada yogurt in the middle of the night when I wake up.............I just tracked the calories and was shocked: 170---so now I am already down 170 calories for today!!!
This ... Read more
Friday, 1/21/11 Self Lies
Yesterday I was craving potato chips, so bought what I thought was a one ounce bag. After eating them, noticing it was 1 7/8 ounces!!! Now, you know they did that on purpose, because if I had seen two ounces, I would have been more careful. I d... Read more
Addendum to 1/20/11
Rereading my own blog has been a fantastic learning experience . I see that I wrote the totally wrong date on Wednesday!!!
I really like checking off my list the next day. It helps a lot. Not only does it motivate me to keep with the progr... Read more
Thursday, January 20, 2011 Notes
Yesterday, I did 9,000 steps. Very happy about that. Found out it does not hurt my knees and hip if I walk on flat ground rather than all these hills around my house. Only problem, I hate to have to get the car out to go walk someplace!!!
T... Read more
Wednesday, January 5
1. Walk 10,000 steps - did 9000
2. Stay under 1800 calories - cheated a bit, but think I made it
3. Do 30 minutes of yoga - no
4. Do 20 minutes of exercise ball - did 5 minutes
Things to do:
1. Priority: clear computer... Read more
Yesterday went very well, I think Spark is going to work for me. I like the idea of going back to my blog, and checking off the goals, like I did with yesterday.
Goals for today:
1. Exercise ball - 5 minutes
2. 10,000 steps with pedomet... Read more
Went to one year birthday party for baby Orin yesterday, and ate so much bad stuff that I had acid reflux last night. Will try to be positive and instead of downing myself, just consider it a learning experience. Want to weigh myself on Mondays... Read more
Sunday 1/15/21 Taxes
Just realized I have to get the tax stuff ready for myself and for my mom. Her estate is so complicated, I just dread it. I go to my computer room, and instead of making real progress, I find myself organizing business cards from restaurants,... Read more
Saturday, January 14, 2011 Boo hoo
boo hoo, it is 5pm and I already had 1300 calories!!! I still have to eat dinner.... Read more
Thursday, 1/12/11 Reasonable Goals for Day
Plan: Try to exceed these goals!
1. Do 5 minutes of exercise ball.
2. Eat within calorie range. Record in nutrition tracker.
3. Do 5 minutes of yoga.
4. Do 5 minute walk.
5. Finish sorting computer room.
6. One appointment... Read more
Hip, hip, hooray 1/13/11
Yesterday, for the first time that I started Spark, I stayed within my calorie range. And when I did the end of day checklist, I had met all my goals for protein, fat, etc.
How did this happen? Well, I did not eat in a restaurant. And I di... Read more
Weds, 1/12/11 Checked am 1/13
New Idea: Post Goals for the Day, then check off the next morning. See yesterday's blog.
1. Do exercise ball. - yes, 15 min
2. Go for walk, - no, did weeding instead, but hurt my hand, did too much
3. Put away Christmas items.... Read more
Tues, 1/11/11 - Goals, Reflections, and Self Advice
Goal for week with reflections on past few weeks
1. Continue with habit of garden every day, even for just five minutes
2. Return to exercise ball, even if just five minutes, remember you are trying to establish a habit.
3. Return to weigh... Read more
Friday, January 7, 2011
Report on yesterday
1. Went to museum with Carole to see Impressionist exhibit--lots of walking--felt like a vacation day for the first time in six months-- Starry Night painting just exquisite
2. Was aware of what I was eating even thoug... Read more
Thursday, January 6, 2011 Notes
Not sure about yesterday's calories, but, for sure, they were a lot. That is okay. At least, I recorded everything, every single thing, and that is a good start for sure. I just took a chance and used someone else's calories for an enchilada ... Read more