Small Stone of the Week - Week 9
I know I am two days late. I have had other blogs to post. This one was sitting and waiting to be posted. It has been ready since Friday. Here it goes.
This week I will focus on:
- Loose 2lbs
- Burn 5,000 calories
- Do week 3 of ... Read more
Yahoo! I'm Overweight!
I am so happy today. I had my final assessment from my Curves fitness study. All of my measurements are down, some more than others. However, the one that has me so happy today is my BMI. It is down from Obese to Overweight. I know because ... Read more
My Recent "Hunting" Trip - I hunt with my camera, not a gun
It was a nice day when we left the city, but Lake Louise was very cold and overcast. It was actually raining a little bit when we got there.
It may be hard to believe, b... Read more
Two Month Check in - Why Can't I see it???
I know I have been loosing weight. The scale is telling me I am. Why can`t I see it? I do not see any changes in the mirror. I do not see changes in the weekly pictures. My clothes fit the same as they always do - tighter when they come str... Read more
I am very fortunate. I have found my motivation. Although I need to renew it regularly, it has not threatened to leave me completely in a while. I do get frustrated when I do not see the scale moving when I am working my butt off, but I am de... Read more
Small Stone of the Week - Week 8
This week I will focus on/work towards:
- loose 2lbs
- burn 5,000 calories this week.
- do week 2 of 10 weeks to half marathon training
- Batch cook something that will last me 4-5 days.
- try exercising in a place I normally would... Read more
20 Top Marathon & Half-Marathon Tips
For marathon training the ENDURANCE and STRENGTH phases are especially important.
1. Get a Goal! Make the three or four month commitment. Bob Glover suggests three goals - Acceptable, Challenging, Ultimate - as being more realistic.
... Read more
A group of frogs were traveling through the woods, and two of them fell into a deep pit.
When the other frogs saw how deep the pit was, they told the two frogs that they were as good as dead. The two frogs ignored the comments and tried to jum... Read more
New Giant Boulder to try and move.
Well that does it. I have had it. My stomach is hurting again today. Enough is enough. No one here can help me find out why, so I will do it myself. I am going to try a gluten free diet. I need some advice.
How long does it take the d... Read more
Small Stone of the Week - Week 7
Okay, this week I will focus on:
- loose 2lbs, or loose anything.
- Curves 3x per week
- Burn 5,000 caloires this week
- 4-5 servings of Fruit or Vegetables daily.
- be more aware of portion sizes - measure everything this week.
-... Read more
A New Challenge to Tackle
My Running training is going great. I am already beyond running 5K. On Monday, I ran 10km in about 1 1/2 hours, and on Tuesday, I ran a full 7K then walked the last 1.5K home - legs were worn out.
Now for my next challenge. I am ready to... Read more
I am ready ...
1) Do you view lifestyle change as a lifetime goal rather than as a temporary, short-term goal?
Yes, I do. I do not believe that diets work. To work, it needs to not only be a lifestyle change, I also have to change my way of thinking, and ... Read more
Small Stone of the Week - Week 6
This week I want to:
- Get back on track recording everything, focused on changing to a healthy lifestyle.
- Loose some weight - anything would be nice. I want to be in the 220's.
- Finish week 5 of my 5K training program.
- Curves a... Read more
Dance Stampede Competition Results
For anyone who cares:
In pro-am (where I dance with my instructor) I took 2nd place overall with all marks at gold and gold with honors in all 6 dances - two step, waltz, night club slow, cha cha, west coast swing, and triple two step.
... Read more
Angry, and need some real help.
I am ANGRY.
This is a good thing. Anger is one of my biggest motivators. So I guess I could say I am very very VERY motivated. Enough is enough. I have trusted my doctors to find out what is wrong with my stomach. 14 years, and too... Read more