There seems to be a disconnect in my mind between losing weight and eating. I thought at first that I needed some new goals - but I have goals - I just don't seem to connect the fact that I keep eating to why I have trouble meeting those goals.... Read more
Yesterday, I did crow (not ATE crow, DID crow)
Crow: The yoga pose where you place your arms at a 90 degree angle, then prop your knees up on your elbows, then eventually lift your body up so that you are balanced on your arms! (and gee, I balanced for at LEAST 2 seconds) But I did it. I... Read more
The funny thing
So . . . on Monday, I entered a "challenge" at the gym. Here's the drill:
Row for 1 minute (rest 2). You get points based on how far you row.
Do Kettlebell lifts for 1 minute (rest 2). You get points based on how many lifts.
Sh... Read more
Here's the plan
They say "start small." So, here's small:
1) Drink water - 6 glasses. I know that SP recommends more, but let's start SOMEWHERE. Thus far, I've had 4 today.
2) No FRIED FOODS.
3) No stopping at the grocery store to buy a don... Read more
It's Thursday. I've eaten well all week - stayed within my calories, worked out, drunk a lot of water - and now I'm obsessing. What will the scale show in the morning? How will I react?
If it's down, I'll be fine. UNLESS it's a new pers... Read more
A Fit Bit isn't the answer
Looking at a monitor that tracks steps, actual time sleeping - that kind of thing, and of course, I'm drawn to it. Why not? It would track success (except maybe in the sound sleeping category). My problem is NOT fitness - it's eating like a l... Read more
Something else I know
1. Running/walking on the canal path is SO much better than the treadmill.
2. I sweat no matter where I run.
3. I actually passed an old man who was walking.
4. I didn't pass any joggers or runners or bikers.
5. It doesn't really ma... Read more
What I know - and what I hope
I know I lost weight this week.
I hope I can continue.
How is this happening? More liquids, consistent tracking of food. That is key - and it's so BORING - but it works.
Sept 1 - 169
Oct 1 - 164
Oct 31 - 159
Dec 1... Read more
More things I know - and don't know
1. I know that I ran 3/4 mile this morning - with an incline on the treadmill.
2. I know that I sweat - a LOT.
3. I know that the halibut I made for supper last night was amazingly good.
4. I don't know what I'm going to make for suppe... Read more
What I know - and what I don't know
I'll start out with some raw honesty here:
1. I don't know if I will ever lose weight. My trainer occasionally asks, "who is it that you don't trust, me or you?" and I trust him. But I don't trust that I can do this.
2. I do know ... Read more
It's been a while
since I recorded my food intake. SP has totally changed the way you record food. That's how long it's been, I guess. Funny - I lose weight when I record my eating . . . even when I don't consciously restrict any of it. But then, I binge, and... Read more
I'm never going to "Lose 10 Pounds Before Beach Season"
or this month or whatever the magazine covers say. That's not me. I lose weight slowly - and truthfully, the more I focus on changes to my eating, the more I dig in and react BADLY. So, I'm back to the basics - drink a little more water, RECO... Read more
Well, it's official
I gained 4 pounds in March. It's seasonal. It's work related. I do it every year . . . and I did it again this year. I'm working out - harder than ever. I'm running. I'm strength training -- and clearly, I'm eating like a linebacker.
... Read more
Last Page »
I truly can't believe that I'm running . . .
Doing the C25K -- and up until about a week, my standard line when asked was, "I"m closer to the couch than the 5K," but all of a sudden -- I guess it's the long runs, I feel like I'm running. (Pause for a minute of self-deprecation where I say... Read more