2012- new year, new goals!
Lose and maintain 35 lbs in 9 months, or about 5 lbs a month- with some wiggle room! My starting point is 160lbs, and I aim to be 155lb by Feb1, 150 lb by Mar 1, 145 by April 1, 140 by May 1, 135 by June 1, 130 by July 1, and 125 by... Read more
Song of the week
My mantra this week...
I am unwritten, can't read my mind, I'm undefined
I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned
Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty wind... Read more
Keeping it real...
For me, leading a healthy life has meant being aware of my actions and taking an assertive role in the food and fitness decisions that I make. When I lose that focus, I lose sight of my ultimate health goals, and let myself get distracted by tem... Read more
Here I am writing down my goals and being accountable to myself and the rest of the Sparkpeople community out there...
1) I will lose 5 lbs per month for 3 months. I will be 150 lbs by June 05 2011, 145 lbs by July 5 and 140 lbs by Aug 5, 2... Read more
Back from vacation!
Typically I dread coming back from vacation and facing the scale, because I usually overindulge when I am away from my home routine. This time was different though, and I am really proud of how I stayed on track during our 7 day trip to Miami. H... Read more
1) I am back to sparking and tracking! Sunnybaby and I are in a challenge to track for the next 3 days- wish us luck!
2)I am reading: Jennifer Joyner's "Designated Fat Girl" a very honest memoir about the author's experience being 336 lbs a... Read more
Foods I love Part 2:
I have been tweaking my diet in the past few months, and have been influenced by the podcasts on living lower carb. Here are the foods that have helped me to feel full and stay on track.
1) Greek yogurt
- a must have in my daily diet. It ... Read more
Hello old friend...
Here I am- at 145 lbs- 2 months after I started consistently using Sparkpeople and "getting real" with the food that I was putting into my body. Looking at this number on my scale- I see what it represents: hard work, a daily recommitment to my ... Read more
My life "Before and Now" 7 weeks of SP: a comparison
Since joining Sparkpeople and making a serious commitment to a healthy lifestyle I have noticed such a change- not only in my weight loss- but in my daily habits. I am so happy of the changes that I have made and I wanted to share them!
1) ... Read more
Books I love!
1) Life is hard, food is easy- The 5 step plan to overcome emotional eating and lose weight on any diet by Linda Spangle, RN, MA
2) Cooking Light Recipes 2008, 2009 collections
3) Cooking light magazine
- finally, lightened up cookin... Read more
Gadgets I love!
1) My Tilia Foodsaver vacuum sealer
- I love preserving fresh fruit and nuts, using it to keep fish and meats fresh in the freezer
- I have gone a little Foodsaver crazy!
2) Spark people app on the iPhone
- so handy to carry with you ... Read more
Foods I Love
These are foods I love, eat almost daily, and that I choose to fuel my body while staving off cravings. Message me your favorites!
1) steel cut oats
- In our household, my husband and I prepare a big batch for the week, keep it in the fri... Read more
Podcasts I Love!
I love to listen to podcasts because it's a great way to multitask and absorb information about health and fitness, without needing to sit down and read an online article or book. Listening to these shows really made me think about how I was lea... Read more
Get An Email Alert Each Time ANNIETT29 Posts