Feeling a bit down...but trying to stay positive
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
So, I was working out on Saturday with my 2 nieces who are 3 and 5. We had a lot of fun doing one of my dance-aerobic workouts on DVD. I felt really good. My oldest niece (5) suggested that we eat health y by going to Fresh Choice...how cold I refuse! So I took my nieces and sister-in-law out for Dinner at Fresh Choice. When I got home, I changed and went to a wine-tasting event for single people...I had a great time and met lots of nice people. However, as the night went on my left knee began to ache, and by the time I got home, I was limping into the house. Sunday I could not walk on the leg at all so I stayed in bed watching movies and used the R.I.C.E method on my knee (Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation). By Sunday night my knee was feeling better but not close to 100%. The next morning I took myself to the Minor Injury Clinic at Kaiser. An X-ray was taken and I spent 5 hours at the clinic. The good news is nothing is broken, however I did manage to strain the ligaments in the knee. The verdict....no exercise for 2 weeks (I immediately felt the 7 pounds I lost coming right back on). So, now I am on crutches to help keep all the weigh off my knee, and I am putting a list together of things I can do while I wait to be able to fully exercise again. Here is my list:
1) Buy better workout shoes with better support and cushion
2) Really watch what I eat- keep the calories under 1500
3) Upper body --I can still do a upper body workout and crunches.
4) Lower Body workout consisting : Leg lifts, leg pikes, thrusters...and any other exercise I can think of that doesn't required use of my knees
5) Think positive and be patient!
Any other suggestions out there?