Thursday, November 15, 2007
Aloha my sparkfriends and sparkfamily! I have not forgotten you, and I hope you've not forgotten me, cause I still need y'all.
This has been one of the most stressful weeks I've experienced in a very very long while. Let me tell you about it...
1- I am financial secretary at my church. I keep all our records, financial and contributions on a computer. My computer crashed. I mean totally and completely, wham bam thank you ma'am. The harddrive is dead. I lost everything. Yep, everything. Well, I did have a semi-current back-up for the finances, but everyone's contribution record bit the dust with the harddrive. I used to keep back-ups of that as well, but my flash drive had died, so I bought a new one, and for some reason that I never figured out, the contribution record would not save to the new flash drive. So now I have to go back to January's paper record and re-enter all our member's contributions, as well as getting my financial records up to date from my last save.
2. Good news... they decided I could get a new computer (yay!) but we couldn't find the original software to load onto it, not that it would work with Vista anyhow, so, I also had to buy new software and I am in the process of trying to learn it.
3. Did I mention that the 15th was payday for church employees?
4. I was called to sub this week.... EVERY day this week, all day every day. The teacher I'm subbing for, her mother passed away over the weekend. Very sad. So of course she didn't expect to be gone all week, and I had no idea what all she wanted me to do. I'm usually left with a schedule and lesson plan. Luckily, I had subbed for her Friday, and so I did have some idea where the kids were at in Science and Social Studies, but Math... that was different. Friday we had fractions, but then Tuesday her plan listed several worksheets that had nothing to do with fractions, So I had them do the worksheets while I came up with a lesson plan for the other subjects. Then, later that day, I found her lesson plan book (yay!) and amazing, I had planned nearly the exact same things! I made some small changes and finally we were rollin'.... except math. I didn't know if she would want me to continue on with fractions or something else. The principal called in another teacher to help me develop a plan. She's good. She decided to go with the fractions and she taught the morning class and I did the afternoon class. It went well, but I had several interruptions. Oh well. That's life, now I wonder what we'll be doing tomorrow.... one really good thing is that these classes are really good!
5. My husband and I take Operation Christmas Child boxes to the drop off center this Sunday. We haven't even made ours yet.
6. I had already invited my entire family to eat Thanksgiving Dinner at my house. Thinking I had two weeks to get everything in order and cleaned and a menu made, shopped for and cooked up.... I still haven't shopped, and my menu is lacking, and my house is a disaster area!
7. Laundry piles are now laundry mountains.
8. I was asked to be the head of getting together and decorating the float for my daughter's class for the annual Christmas Parade at school. There are 13 kids in her class, only 1 has responded to my letter of request for help. Someone who's willing to loan and pull a trailer for the float. I still need so much more help!
9. Next Tuesday I had offered to do a craft with my daughter's class... to make drums to use on their float during the Christmas Parade. Their theme is the Little Drummer Boy. Problem with that is, I thought I'd have had all week and would have my house in order by then. AND I'm wondering and even the principal's not sure if the teacher will return to school for the two days we'll be attending next week.
10. I've not logged my food all week, and I have eaten horribly. I'm too scared to weigh. I've been not eating all day, then coming home really hungry. My staples have been peanut butter, cream cheese and low carb tortillas. AND s/f chocolates. AND my water is lacking so much!
11. On top of all that, tom is here this week.
So, y'all please send peaceful prayers and thoughts my way! I've not abandoned Sparkpeople! I'm not giving up on my diet, I'm going to return!.... After I get some much needed rest and sleep! I was up past midnight getting payroll done, then taking the checks up to the church so they would have them today, knowing I'd be subbing all day and wouldn't be able to get there in the morning. I am so tired and overwhelmed. Please pray for me this week... for peace, rest and strength to get through all of this without drowning myself in added weight!
Love & Hugs to all my sparkfriends!