Sunday, July 22, 2007
So, this is my first blog entry after a week or so as a member of SparkPeople. I've noticed several things since joining here...
1. I am spending more time on the computer than I really should as a mother to 5 active sons and the wife of a very wonderful man.
2. I get cravings at night between 9 and 11 pm, especially when the rest of my family is snacking and I am trying not to.
3. I don't miss drinking soda or more than 2 cups of coffee.
4. I'm really, really, really out of shape!
5. Eating lots of fresh fruits and vegetables is really expensive for a family of7.
That said, I feel good about the changes that are taking place in our home. Sometimes the boys eat too much it seems, but we're working on portion control. Sometimes I just go off the diet and eat some chips or chocolate and then get right back to what I'm suppose to be doing right.
I also have started riding again. Albeit limited to a walk trot because I'm riding a draft horse, but that doesn't matter. What matters is I'm out with nature and my middle son enjoying the activity of trail riding.
so, until the next time, keep up the wise and sensible choices