Sunday, August 31, 2014
I am going to forget about August -- except for the wonderful things!
1) 5 fun days in Ashland with our friends.
2) Santana is a wonderful part of our lives. Bailey is happy. Husband is happy. Mali is not happy.
3) Weight is stable.
4) I refreshed my sourdough starter last week, and have a loaf almost ready for the oven.
5 ) My little weight loss goal is 135 by the end of the summer. That's almost here. I've been messing around with these last few pounds for months, living in maintenance instead of weight loss. So, I added a mini tramp work out (Sparky called it a walk work-out) of 23 minutes this morning, and will plan another for later today.
6) I've had wonderful exchanges with some Spark friends this month that have really helped keep me grounded. You know who you are, and I thank you.
7) I had an unexpected talk with my personal banker earlier this month. She asked me twice how work is, because she didn't like the non-answer that I gave her. I finally just talked with her about it, and she was an active listener, who validated my concerns, reassured me, and gave me a plan (why look! The listening model that I have been preaching to the staff since they decided to be horrible). The only plan was to embrace positivity. Nothing that I don't know about, but something that has been difficult lately. So, I've been practicing this, and hope that, with practice, it will become a natural part of my day again.
8) The kids were with us last weekend, and it was wonderful.
9) After a fun month with our houseguests, they are back home and I have a semi-schedule again.
Tomorrow is the start of another new month. I'll try to sing rather than to whine!
Time to put the bread in the oven -- have a wonderful long weekend.
I'm not going to the office tomorrow.