Friday, August 22, 2014
i've been reading and enjoying spark people's articles, inspirational quotes and following some of the member blogs for almost three years now. i haven't always been as big as i am now... i've always had an interest in health and fitness and for the most part have taken care of myself, except for the last 6 months to a year. i've gone through a break up and it was with a man i intended to marry. before we decided to end our six year relationship i started comforting myself with food. and have continued to turn to food and away from exercise and i'm sick of it! it's time for me to love myself enough to do something about it. so, i'm going to try this blogging thing... i'm going to try to talk through my feelings and try to be honest and not ashamed of my weight.
after i moved out of the house i shared with my fiance, my girlfriend was sweet enough to let my son and i move into her home. it has worked out well although we both like to eat crappy food. she is also ready to do something about her weight, so we are going on this journey together. i really hope we can stick to the parameters we have set for this adventure.
my goals for the last four months of this year:
- Lose 40 lbs. by New Year's Eve.
- exercise at least 10 minutes a day (i've seen a few people on here doing the 10-min challenge, i think it's one i can do.)
- track my food - this has been a struggle for me in the past, but i'm hoping since i'm doing this with my friend, i'll be more accountable.
- prep and prepare food in advance so i'm not going out to eat all the time.
- remember to find joy and be grateful every single day.
so, wish me luck... xo, ks