Friday, August 22, 2014
Only a few notables this week:
1. It's 5+years since our family went to a fair - and we did this week & had a blast! For the first time our local annual event had free admission and advance buy 1/2 price all you can ride bracelets. This year's committee (finally) gets it: the typical family cannot afford a $40+ admission, then a crazy amount on ride tickets, food and games. I thoroughly enjoyed feeling like I was 16 again.
2. Baseball season is coming to an end. The team has a record of 10-0-1 with only 34 runs against, ranking them first in the league and earning them a by in the playoffs, which is an elimination round. They won their only semi-final game 9-0, and are headed to the finals on Monday.
3. Soccer season is wrapping up. Emma-Rose scored the tying goal in their last regular game. It's her second goal of the year as she rarely plays forward. She usually plays goalie or defence. Just two more games to go on "soccer day" this weekend.
4. Work has been challenging but not stressful.
5. I have not been journaling my food. It's a trial. I have dropped 2lbs.
6. Come September, we will be back on our normal school-activity routine that will include re-introducing myself to Mr. Eliptical and Mrs. Treadmill. Just four pounds to go before I reach a personal best. I have 4 months to achieve my long term target.