Monday, August 18, 2014
An outside group challenge for this week is about goals. Goals are tough, but are easier to follow when written down. I have this printed out and I have posted it where I can see it every day. Time to make some changes.
1) A big goal for the week. Something that will be hard for you, and also rewarding!
- This week, I plan to work on just waking early. I have a friend texting me and my primary alarm set for 5:30 and my second alarm set for 6am. Just the practice of getting up early should help slowly move me into waking and doing a morning workout of some sort before my kids and husband wake and before I start work.
2) A goal for two weeks from now!
- I will start to work out each morning for at least 15 minutes even if it’s just walking the dogs or trying something new, like yoga. I know there are videos so there should be no excuses.
3) A goal for one month from now!
- I need to clean up my eating habits and jumpstart my weight loss again so I will learn as much about clean eating and put into practice weekly meal planning and prepping for each week as necessary. I have a large family and get extremely exhausted each day so to set aside time just for food prep may very well be a good thing and make those extra crazy nights a little bit easier. Besides, I have kids that would be somewhat willing to help!
4) A goal for three months from now!
- I’m aiming to see much more fat loss than I have had in the last 6 months which has been nothing. Blah… but I do workout fairly often now so once I have food figured out, I should be able to be in the 150lbs range as was my goal for end of summer (Sept. 22/14 – Official day of fall).
5) A goal for the end of 2014!
- I want to be fit. I want to feel strong. I want to feel energized every day! I want to be a healthful role model for my family and help teach them about active living and about nutritional food. As much as I don’t rely on the scale, I have about 20-30 pounds to lose. I will base the progress for this goal on how I feel and how my clothes fit (I have a box of 2-4 sizes smaller than I currently am and aiming to wear all of those by year’s end) and the potential of definition I hope I will have in my quads and arms.