We're coming down the final stretch of
In non-health related news, I met with my boss' boss about a leadership opportunity I'm interested in. It requires both their recommendations. I get to draft my own recommendation! It's gonna be stellar!
I've been down 2 pounds for the last few days. Looking forward to taking official credit for the loss tomorrow!!
I'm on Day 3 of my smoothie experiment. So far so good. I like that I don't have to be exact with the ingredients. And when I do eat whole food, instead of eliminating dairy, meat, and grains, I've just cut them all way back. The real benefit for me is cutting processed foods and sugar. I haven't had sugar or chocolate cravings, which is significant for me. But I have had meat and cheese cravings, which I see as a good thing. If I get a hankering for them, I work a modest amount of them into the plan as a snack.
Benefits I'm seeing so far:
1. Portion control. It's getting easier to allot myself sensible portion sizes.
2. I feel like I want food less. This is a weird sensation for me! Could it be possible to think about and eat food only when I'm hungry?
3. Processed foods are no longer a crutch. My mind is tuned in to whole, fresh food. I make sure those options are available...and I reach for them!!
4. My water intake has increased, which inadvertently means I'm getting more steps to refill!
5. My teeth seemed whiter this morning, but I don't think that has anything to do with a 3 day change in my eating habits!
6. I'm feeling more focused at work. You know what it's like to be 'in the zone' and everything is aligned correctly? I'm experiencing that feeling more often.
7. Weight loss. Amen, yes, that's what I really want! People are losing 10-15 pounds doing the full 10 day cleanse. I'm willing to ease into it and experience a slower loss.
I'm wondering if I can adopt the smoothie lifestyle. Time will tell. I figure I'll keep doing it until I don't feel like it anymore!