The Spark: My Purpose and Goals
Friday, July 25, 2014
I've been reading "The Spark" book and wanted to blog about my purpose, goals, etc.
I could have a different experience than most people starting out with this book. I've been on this site for 8 years. I've already used the tools, changed my lifestyle and reached my goal weight. However, I let life get in the way and stopped "Sparking". So all the weight came back and more. I decided to dust off that book I bought years ago and never read.
One thing I've discovered, is that I need the daily reminder of Sparkpeople.com I've discovered that in my work and home life I need written reminders, a running "to do" list. I'm successful when I follow my list for home and work, so why should my healthy lifestyle be any different.
* as a wife/mother- to create a happy, calm home environment. I do this by decluttering, organizing and using routines to create order.
* as a nurse- to take the best care of my patients while not increasing stress for myself. I do this by not engaging in useless or damaging conversations, and staying focused on my tasks and charting.
My Long Term Goals:
* I want to feel fit and be healthy with minimal stress
* I want to create a happy, calm, organized, orderly home
My Medium Term Goals:
* I will consistently do my home routines
* I will consistently exercise 10 minutes every day with a goal of more on my days off work
My Short Term Goals:
* I will pack my lunch on work days
* I will eat at least 5 fruits/vegetables every day
* I will exercise a minimum of 70 minutes a week
* I will drink at least 6 glasses of water every day.
** feel better**
** less stress and anxiety**
** avoid preventable medical conditions**
** have a calm, beautiful home**