Mindful...But not organized...so get with it!
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
The start of a journey:
Reflecting on the past two days I have decided to attempt to eat foods I understood to be "Healthy" from my past expert experience in yo-yo dieting (Hmmm...what would Weight Watchers or Atkins say to do???). What I learned by tracking is I have a lot of work to do...and I am no 'expert'...(looking in the mirror should have been reinforcement of this) I imagine success comes with organization...Balance starts with your plate.
1. steal oats...maybe considered nutritious...made me ravenous about two hours after eating...
2. When I craved french fries yesterday...I immediately thought of the grossest...dirtiest-looking...
guy with his crack showing...smoking a cigarette over the fryer... scratching his head and saying "it's not dandruff...it's seasoning"...well it worked...the craving went away.
3. Lean protein is the trick to reduce hunger
4. Doing something creative (like blogging and painting) is something I would not have considered before attempting to make a lifestyle change...looking for things to do between meals makes life interesting.
5. Giving up Coke Zero has not ended my existence
6. Standing on the scale was the scariest thing I did day 1...interesting when you hit rock bottom you can only go up...when you stand on a scale after a commitment...you only go down.
7. Spark People not only offers good information...it allows you to meet interesting people...great people...all with a story...a journey...humanity is inspiring!
8. I walked the beach yesterday...I thought....if every person I crossed paths with on Spark People took on picture of something interesting on their daily outing and posted it...I may get to see the world on a budget through the eyes of a local...then I thought...why the hell don't I ever have my phone when I need it.
Well wishes to all on their journey!