Thursday, July 03, 2014
Here are my 2014 goals and my progress to date:
1. I will return to the 150s. I am not sure 150 is the best for me; 155 may be more do-able. I have recently discovered that I enjoy yoga stretching and stretching in general. I also continue walking and resistance band workouts. I will do the resistance bands workouts twice per week.
***I have not got to the 150s yet. In fact, I went the other direction, with several take-home meals in a row. The scales are coming back down, though. Yoga got put on hold back in late May, but I have added it back in this week. I had to scale back my walking - knee/foot problems - but I am still doing okay when I look at the Spark yearly goal - I was past the halfway mark in late June, so that is okay. The resistance bands workouts have been gone longer than the yoga, even, and today would be a good day to add them back in as well. I probably need to make it a goal for my goal page.
2. I will continue to reuse/recycle. I still have more yarn and fabric from past projects.
***I have begun a 4patch quilt with fabric scraps that I have had for several years. It is something that I can pick up for 15 or 30 minutes at a time and feel that I have accomplished something. The Christmas potholders are put on hold, but will not be hard to pick back up.
3. I will finish the Christmas quilt that I mentioned earlier. I believe it will be the right size to use on our bed in the Christmas 2014 season. I will still have two to make, but I need to start with one.
***The Xmas quilt that I mentioned just above is done and ready to be quilted. I am waiting for DS's and DIL's quilt to get back. I apparently picked a very busy business to take it to. 2 to go!
4. I will log freggies and water. This seems harder since the Start page has been re-designed, but I have already begun a January 2014 log that is on my fridge.
***I am very good at water - 10 or more cups per day, and in warmer weather it is usually 12. Freggies - I need to get back to logging on the notepad on my fridge. I never really got back to it after we were gone for spring break in early March.
5. I will pay off a credit card. I have a plan in place to do this already. I will have this done prior to December 2014, but it may be that it may be done by June 2014.
***It won't be done by June 2014, but should easily be done by December 2014. I am still pleased with the progress that I have made, especially since I have had approximately $600 less income per month than what I had budgeted.
And, my year of joy?
I wish I could say there were no hard times in my life. I do believe that I have been better than in the past with my emotions "bottoming out" over situations I cannot do or should not do anything about. I have spent a lot of time outside when I am able to, and have exercised more, and have been "quiet" a lot, and that seems to be working for me right now. [Knock on wood!] I think a lot about the counselor that I saw a couple of years ago stating that I need to be like a lighthouse in a situation, but that I need to maintain the lighthouse. The steps that I mentioned have helped me to maintain the lighthouse.
So I believe 2014 is going along well.