Summer is here and it is time for me to reassess my goals. I will focus on SLOW but STEADY...
It has been over one month since I posted a blog and looking back I am pretty much were I left, except for reaching a few goals and allowing myself a break (my body really needed it).
So here is my goals (as of last post // and my focus for now)
1) Weight: I need to drop a few pounds (I am 10lbs over - because of treats, celebrations and binge/stress related!) - Don't want to carry extra weight on a race day!
I manage to be on range for the race (last May) but since then I have been on a yoyo curve. I am now at 8 over... not bad some would say but I feel it. I want to be able to wear all my clothes !!!
Strategy: Track and Stay on track. It works for me and I need to do it!
2) Training: I need to complete my training for the Ottawa Marathon 25 May.
I did it.... and I had an excellent run - Finishing second in the Canadian Forces Marathon Championships and qualifying for Boston 2015.
Time: 3 hours 35 min and 45 sec. // 29/517 (W40-44) // 128/2604 Female
I will post a race recap blog soon...
So now what!?! I did not run for almost a month now - my IT bands took a hit and I had some issues with my health in general. I think it is getting better now... so I will resume training SLOWLY! My next race is the Army Run Half Marathon - Ottawa (21 Sept) so I have time...
Strategy: be mindful - get back to training, following a training plan. I will see my physiotherapist tomorrow morning, and I will follow his recommendations!
3) I need some rest if I want to recover from intense training
Well - this is still very true. I am making progress - my average sleep is now in the 6 hours range (much better than 4 hours a few months ago).
Strategy: making it a priority. Sleep!
4) I need to calm down - my stress level is to the roof and at this point eating (binging) becomes an easy coping mechanism.
That did not go as planned. After the marathon, work caused me some grief and I made bad choices... or conscious choices that I would label as "just a quick fix"...
Strategy: be mindful... and take action:
2) Go for a walk
3) Cleaning the house - it is amazing how getting busy and putting things in order can make you feel calmer too...
4) Have a shower
5) Sip a calming tea
6) Look after the garden
7) Write a positive blog ... I need to do some catch up - writing about the good stuff (even if it is late is a good way to focus on the positive and be thankful of what I have)
8) Read a magazine - I have a pile of running magazines that I did not have time to read... the stories are very inspirational. It is a good distraction too.
This July will be quiet so I plan on writing my blogs on what happened recently, such as:
Trip to Columbus and Dayton
Trip to Hawaii
Ottawa marathon / Mother's Day
Relay for Life