Monday, June 09, 2014
1) The kid was eliminated from the baseball playoffs. First team to be eliminated. Good news is that means no more baseball for me for a while (I find it very stressful). On a good note, he has the art show tonight (not competitive - any elementary school aged kid in town could enter).
2) A book I've wanted for YEARS arrived today. I'm torn between wanting to hide out and read it without stopping and trying to savor it reading it slowly. It is officially not released until tomorrow and I always feel a little guilty reading it before the brick and mortar stores get to sell it, so I've only read a few pages so far. All bets are off tomorrow.
3) The boy may have to be strangled. I'm glad he just left the house to drop off an application for employment, but he's been home all day and I have 2 sinks full of dishes. After working late (a particularly difficult day - both of my bosses were out and between meetings and jumping through hoops because one of them is an idiot and doesn't communicate at all so he left a mess to deal with), I don't think I should have to tell him more than once to do the dishes. He's 21. He may not make 22. ;)
4) My parents are coming home 2 weeks from today and I get to pick them up from the airport. This is not as easy as it sounds. It's the week I go camping. The bulk of my packing of clothes and food takes place on the Monday and Tuesday. The Wednesday is an awards thing at the kid's school and we go Thursday. The time isn't great either. The plane is due at 4:30 and the kid doesn't get off the bus until 4:05. This means I need to pick him up from school at 3:25 (end of the day) which isn't too bad, but to do that, I can't go home after work. It will be work, get him, go to the airport. Worse things in the world have had to be dealt with and man, talk about first world problems.
5) There has been some writing. It isn't great but it is something. It feels a bit like drinking a cold glass of water after going without for so long. Can't explain it any other way, but I need to write, even if it is just a paragraph here and there.