SparkDiet: Week 1 Recap and Weigh-in
Saturday, June 07, 2014
** PROJECT RESTART
So last week, I made the decision to recommit myself to SparkPeople. Unlike last time, this time is going to be about following the program as designed. I got heavily involved in the community aspect of the site back in the late 00's early 10's.
I've been reading the new member guide and it points out 3 basic pillars to the site:
* information (articles/videos)
Tracking has always been something that I've struggled with. I've always treated the information aspect as nice to have for sparkpoints. Over these 6 weeks, I plan to change this.
1) Track food 5-7 days: Today is the last day of this week. I've tracked 4 so far. I will meet goal this week. Next week, I will probably more standardize my eating regimen which will make tracking easier (already kind of started that late this past week). I know that I didn't get certain days right, but the book talks a lot about giving oneself grace when starting something new like this. So I will do so and try to get better.
2) 10 minutes of exercise a day: I did a lot of brisk walking on breaks. I wanted to do more hardcore gym type exercises, but realized that that might be overdoing it, given that my main emphasis was diet/tracking
3) Read from a motivational book each day: Have done so every day. Read from "The Spark". Did this to get the lay of the land and the spiritual underpinnings of the program
All three goals met or about to be so for this week.
I've spent a lot of time focusing on the actual Cornerstone of Focus. This is the section that talks about things like:
* Establishing one's core values and purpose in life
* Establishing a vision based on those
* Evaluating whether life patterns/decisions are getting in the way of or in conflict with said values/purpose
* Creating goals (long, medium and short term) that are in line with one's core values and purpose
It goes one step deeper than motivation. It helps one create, establish and even document the reason behind one's life. I will continue to read from other areas from the book, but will definitely focus on establishing these things for this week (or at least addressing if I'm not there yet). Midweek blog might be a bit late this week
Goal: lte 195.0@15%
Week 0: 206.2@21
Week 1: 204.2@20
(Down 2.0 pounds and down 1% bodyfat)
I'm happy with the progress so far. my jeans are definitely getting looser. My breakfasts are in line with what I want caloric-ally. I may try to hone the actual nutrients a little, but will probably save that for either phase 2 or 3 (when it becomes a goal)
This week, I will continue the fast break portion of the diet.
In this spirit in which it was written.
So far so good!
- TD In!