It has been a terrible week...My cousin passed away last week and things have been all over the place. I didn't get over to the store this week and we have been eating left overs from various family gatherings. I have still been tracking, but haven't gotten much sleep and haven't gone to the gym since Saturday. My body is feeling it...
Well, in looking for pictures of my cousin for tomorrows service...I came across some photos of myself from 2008 and 2010. I was horrified when I found them...immediately my mind goes to, "What did I weigh here?" And, ugh! When I realized I was about 12lbs LIGHTER in these photos than I am now, it just made me so sad. And frustrated. And angry with myself. Here are the pics...
What am I doing to myself and why am I consoling myself with food? It shows on my body and makes me feel terrible about myself. So why am I doing it? That's when I decided....I am going to challenge myself. I am going to put myself through a 36 day challenge. I choose 36 days, because my other cousin's wedding is in 36 days and I really don't want pictures of myself at this weight in his wedding photos.
So, what is the plan?
1) Stay within my calorie range 1200-1550.
2) Drink 8 glasses of H2O each day.
3) Exercise 30 minutes a day, doing something I enjoy.
4) Every morning, review my goals and re-motivate myself to stay on this path.
5) No weighing myself during the week, only on WI days at WW (Saturdays).
6) No more negative self talk.
7) For the next 36 days, stay away from junk food, fast food and processed food. This will give my body a chance to breathe and feel better.
8) Strength training at least 2 times per week, even if it is a 10 min SP video!
9) Blog....even if it is short. Just on how I am doing, giving myself a time to reflect each day.
10) At the end of my challenge, schedule my annual appointment with my doctor and have my thyroid re-checked.
I am HAPPY to say...I met one of my BIRTHDAY goals! I passed my ACE Fitness Instructor test on Tuesday! I was so excited! I want to be able to teach at the end of this year and not be embarrassed by my body or ashamed that I am teaching without being a skinny mini. =)
Thank you for your support and here is to the next 36 days!!!