Monday, June 02, 2014
I didn't think I had been away THIS long, but, looks like I have! Finishing out 2013 was no fun:
- my Director was making my job miserable and I wanted out
- my Darling Groom was diagnosed with skin cancer AND emphysema (it gets worse...)
- my head injury from the August tri was just not getting better as quickly as expected
2014 has not been much better:
- my hubby is doing reasonably well, all things considered (but still smoking!)
- I asked to be moved to another area in my dept and managed to get my whole team moved and reporting to the new VP (a good thing)
- here's the but: but, I still wanted out
- my new VP tried to help get traction on an idea for a new role at the company that we thought would be perfect and a value to our community profile - never happened; my CIO said it's because the CEO and the President of the main business side aren't athletes like we are
- my younger son dropped into deep depression and is now staying with us while he works on his mental health and anxieties
- my health was deteriorating further due to all the stress from both the job and stuff at home
- after 13 years of distance running and endurance sports, I suffered my first ever case of plantar fasciitis - and it's a doozy! It has kept me out of my triathlon season :(
- today is my last official day with the company; they gave me all of last month to just take time out and regroup, and negotiated a nice severance so that I don't have to worry about things for a while - YAY!
- I made the most awesome business contact who will help me get that idea off the ground that my company wouldn't - AND, he loved the idea of our Slow Fat Runners (stay tuned) - WOW!
- our son started a new job today and has someone supportive there who helped him get it :D
- we're spending Father's Day with our older son and our grandson :D :D
- we're making a family event out of the hot air balloon festival in Sept: my daughter and I are running the half marathon, my son and his GF will do the 5K, our grandson will do the Kids K
- I have a team of recruiter buddies and a friend who was a career change counselor helping me figure out my next new adventure (needed to pay the bills while I build the business)
- I have new custom orthotics (made by the company I just left) and was able to do my first run in WEEKS last week - woo-hoo!
The really important thing: tomorrow is my 36th wedding anniversary :D
So, today is the first day of a new path in life, and I am back!