So, the way I had this setup puts weigh-in on a Wednesday. I actually quite like that. There's so much pressure put on a Monday. I used to love the quote that said, "What kills a diet? Mondays." So, Wednesday it is. That means I haven't weighed in yet and don't know if any of what I'm doing is doing any good...but I'm doing it.
Quote for today:
“Go back?" he thought. "No good at all! Go sideways? Impossible! Go forward? Only thing to do! On we go!" So up he got, and trotted along with his little sword held in front of him and one hand feeling the wall, and his heart all of a patter and a pitter.” - J.R.R. Tolkien from The Hobbit
Goals for the Week:
Drink 8 glasses of water a day.
I've been doing pretty awesome at this. I don't think there's been one day I've missed my water intake. I'm pretty good about this when I think about it and I've been carrying around my Tupperware container that holds 32oz. Two of those and I know I'm good for the day.
Log all food and try to stay within calorie goals.
I have been logging my food. Except last night, which went a little crazy. (I learned I cannot trust myself with Taco Night right now.) For the most part, I've been staying within or going just barely over my goals. Every day it gets a little easier. (It's crazy how second nature this used to be and how hard it is to just retrain myself.)
Begin walking every day.
Today was my first day of this, and I had figured that would be the case. Had to work concessions for my son's baseball game on Saturday and then spent all day yesterday painting. But today I did just as I told a coworker I would and she joined me for a 25-minute walk. It was difficult (my back is so messed up right now), but it didn't kill me. Honestly, the hardest part was putting my shoes on. That sounds awful, but my right hip is completely out of whack and I have pretty much zero flexibility there right now. Working on that. Yoga might be a goal for next week. At least once or twice a week, if not every day.
Start every morning with at least 1 positive affirmation.
This is difficult...but I'm trying. Woke up super grumpy today because I had a horrible night's sleep last night (dumb back!), so today didn't exactly start too well.
Take starting measurements.
Quite honestly, I forgot. I'll try to remember sometime between now and Wednesday (or maybe just on Wednesday when I weigh in).
Lose 2 pounds.
Obviously, we don't know where I am with that, but I have my fingers crossed I'm taking the steps needed to get this back on track.
Things to note:
- I spent several hours in a concession stand serving hot dogs, nachos, candy, and pop, and the only thing I touched were 2 Airheads and a Diet Mt. Dew. The Diet Dew was out of desperation as we had run out of water hours before, and the Airheads I thought consciously about and logged them using the handy bar code scanner before I even ate them.
- Until last night, I hadn't binged or given up or given in or just plain "didn't care" all week.
- I brought my shoes and put them on and went for a walk.
- Hubs decided to take us all for ice cream the other night. While everyone else got Blizzards, I decided on a small dipped cone to save on calories. And I got within my calorie goals that day!
- I haven't really had much pop at all other than that Diet Mt. Dew and a drink of one of the kids' Vanilla Dr. Pepper Freezes from Taco Bell that I wanted to try because it's new. Water for the win!
On the other hand I'm exhausted and a little disheartened on how much fitness I've lost along the way. But I'm making good choices now and I know that in my heart and head so it's a little harder to handle my shortcomings when I know I'm doing my best to get back there.