Friday, May 23, 2014
1. Still celebrating Hubby's heart catheterization which was required because of a problem indicated by echogram and stress tests. Doctor said heart is beating well and has good blood flow, although one artery is 75% clogged. Cardiologist thinks Gary should go ahead and have the colon surgery and not go through stent and the required 30 days of blood thinner which would have delayed the colon surgery. We now expect the colon surgery to be June 10th or 17th. Gary should know at his appointment on June 5th. Still seems like an awful lot of waiting to me.
2. My lower back, left side, has bothered me a couple days, so I skipped one scheduled run. Will run tomorrow. Don't anticipate any more problem.
3. Only 9 more days of school. Summer will be a more relaxed time, with more time to get ready in the morning and no homework that must be accomplished. Looking forward to it. Glad Natalie has had a very successful first grade year, though.
4. My next race is Watermelon Series #1, two weeks from tomorrow. Don't feel really pressured to run fast. Hope to do okay, though.
5. Going to bed very early tonight in order to get up at 5am for 6am run. I'm sleepy right now and expect to sleep well.
6. Going to talk to my Weight Watcher leader tomorrow about helping me verify my weight loss journey in order to join the National Weight Control Registry. It will include an approximately one hour survey once a year for ten years for research. Brown University is the one I've been assigned to.
7. Feel a bit bloated today although I wasn't aware of overdoing sodium. Will be careful for the next couple days and drink plenty of water.
8. I've got blood work, physical exam, and dental exam all coming up soon.
9. Just 8 more days until I will have good health insurance - Medicare, supplement, and pharmacy. Have gotten by with less than ideal coverage for the last 6 years. Very glad that I'm on no meds except skin cream. Going to do my best to keep it that way.
10. Time for me to pack up for tomorrow's activities. I usually shower at the Y after my run so I can go to WW fresh without driving all the way home. Maybe sometime I should blog about how I pack a gym or run bag. Somebody might find it helpful. Maybe I should blog about all the times I managed when I didn't pack well, like when I went to WW with no bra, when I used a tee shirt to dry because I forgot the towel, how I get by when I forget shampoo/sports bra/socks/water bottle/earphones, etc.
Hoping you have lots of positive, forward-looking thoughts supporting your healthy goals!!!