Monday, May 05, 2014
OK I'm back again posting my goals for this round of BLC..... do I sound annoyed? I'm not annoyed with the task, I'm annoyed with myself for my ability to use this goal setting project as a motivational tool.
I know many of you have set goals for yourself and regularly monitor and update them. It is fantastic, I enjoy reading about your progress, the progress of others actually inspires me to push myself and achieve more.
However, with all of that said, I've never been able to sucessfully use my goal setting experience to motivate and inspire myself. I'm going to try a slightly different approach this time....
First I'm setting some smaller goals. I want them to be day to day things instead of a goal for the whole round. Really my day to day goals (if reached regularly) should lead me to success for the round.
OK so here goes.....
1) TRACK my food. My nutrition/eating plan allows me a lot of days where tracking is not required. I want to try to get back to tracking everyday so I can be more educated about my big picture.
2) Achieve 10 minutes minimum of INTENTIONAL fitness 5 days a week. I now lead a very active life. I play games with the kids, garden, walk, jump on the trampoline, bike etc. but I want to go back to some intentional exercise each day. My time is limited so I will start small.
3) YOGA - for a minimum of 2 hrs a week.
4) DE-CLUTTER / ORGANIZE for 10 minutes each day. Not just tidying up from the day! I've never really gotten organized since we moved. Clutter makes me feel overwhelmed and stressed so I need to eliminate it in order to better overall.
5) REVISIT my goals weekly. The area that needs the most improvement for me.
So that's where I am starting at the moment.....