Advertisement -- Learn more about ads on this site.


Patience Is NOT My Friend Today

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Monday afternoon, I got a call from the HR guy giving me a conditional job offer. He tells me he needs me to get in for a physical this week, like the following day. So I tell him well I'll need about an hour notice since I'll be driving from work. He tells me they normally schedule the appointments first thing in the morning and that I should wait to hear from him first. So, Tuesday morning, that's what I did. I never heard from him. I called him and got no answer. I went on in to work. Called several times yesterday. Left several voicemails and sent him an email. I even called the main HR line to see if he was in. Yes, he was, and they transferred me. To his voicemail. I call first thing this morning. Again his voicemail. Several times. Call the main HR line and ask if anyone else can help me. Nope. He'll be in by 12. He's doing offsite testing. Ask about yesterday. Oh he was in and out all day. This guy made it sound like he needed me in ASAP. Meanwhile I am currently employed and need to give my current employer a heads up. I'm quite ticked off about yesterday. I don't understand why I still haven't gotten a quick phone call or email. My tentative start date is in 3 weeks, but it hinges on me passing my physical. So basically that needs to get done this week. I need to give my employer 2 weeks notice. I'm really having a hard time being patient at this point. Especially since he made it seem so important that I make my Tuesday morning free for him, and I STILL haven't gotten in touch with him as of 1:30 on Wednesday afternoon. I mean, I'm happy about the job offer and all. But now that he doesn't seem in a rush to get back to me, it makes me hesitant. I've seen nothing in writing yet. Alright. I think I'm done venting now.


I finally got my call back about 30 minutes ago, shortly before 4:00. My appointment is Friday morning. Then possibly in for fingerprinting on Monday morning. As long as they decide I'm fit for duty, I'll be starting my new job May 19! I'm hoping my blood pressure isn't an issue. I'm being treated for it by my VA doctor.

Member Comments About This Blog Post:
LOBOSMOMMA 4/24/2014 12:45PM

    The medication I'm on now keeps it where it needs to be. I just hope it isn't an issue that I have it, period. I'm thinking they're mainly doing a drug test though.

Report Inappropriate Comment
PANFRIEDTROUT 4/23/2014 7:02PM

I'm glad he finally got back with you & thus remove some of the stress. As for the high blood pressure, make sure to keep up on your meds. also try some very slow, deep breathing for a few minutes before they put the cuff on & at the same time you're breathing, close your eyes & think of the most happy, calming things that you can.

good luck!

Report Inappropriate Comment
LOBOSMOMMA 4/23/2014 4:08PM

    Yes, I did email him yesterday. He did finally call me back about 30 minutes ago. That's an awful long time to make me wait though! After telling me he needed to get me in ASAP. I'm good now though. emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
NIKKICOLE83 4/23/2014 1:29PM

    Could you email him? If he is working off-site, I am sure he is on his email most of the day. If you do not know it, ask the receptionist for it.

Report Inappropriate Comment

Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

Log in to post a comment.

Other Entries by LOBOSMOMMA