Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Use the "Seven P's of Success" to remove the clutter or frenzy from your mind and your life.
1) Pause to calm your thoughts - you can't focus when your mind is divided by a multitude of thoughts, find your strengths then use them to address one issue at a time.
2) Permanently record your thoughts in a journal or equivalent tickler so that they can be addressed later - once you have properly recorded your thoughts, you can rest assured that you won't forget to address them in due time.
3) Put aside negative thoughts on matters for which you have no control - it does you no good to dwell negatively on events in the past and current events for which you have no control, concentrate instead on what can be done to mitigate their effect.
4) Prepare the mind for action by relaxation and meditation - a relaxed mind allows for creative thinking.
5) Plan a course of action on matters that you can control to resolve one issue at a time - planning requires self analysis, seeking information from reference resources, and evaluating your choices by discussing your options with your spouse or trusted friends, and determining what actions can be done immediately to become one step closer towards your goal.
6) Practice your plan without fear so you can use the knowledge gained by the results to guide your future actions - it matters little whether your plans don't work at first or not, what matters is that you have a positive can do attitude.
7) Patience with your plan allows for success where failure would otherwise occur - do not be too quick to abandon your plan - what may seem like a bottleneck, that is impossible to overcome, could be something that mere time and/or a small adjustment can fix.
Following the "Seven P's of Success" daily gives you the knowledge and courage to address the issues that clutter your mind and life and thus maintain a healthy and organized lifestyle.