Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 13 mins
Total Time: 33 mins
• 1 tablespoon oil, olive, extra-virgin
• 2 clove(s) garlic
• 1 small onion(s)
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 4 cup(s) cucumber(s)
• 1 1/2 cup(s) broth, vegetable
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper, black ground
• 1 pinch pepper, cayenne
• 1 medium avocado
• 1/4 cup(s) parsley, fresh
• 1/2 cup(s) yogurt, low-fat plain
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 1 to 4 minutes. Add lemon juice and cook for 1 minute.
2. Add 3 3/4 cups cucumber slices, broth, salt, pepper and cayenne; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and cook at a gentle simmer until the cucumbers are soft, 6 to 8 minutes.
3. Transfer the soup to a blender. Add avocado and parsley; blend on low speed until smooth. (Use caution when pureeing hot liquids.)
4. Pour into a serving bowl and stir in yogurt. Chop the remaining 1/4 cup cucumber slices.
5. Serve the soup warm or refrigerate and serve it chilled. Just before serving, garnish with the chopped cucumber and more chopped parsley, if desired.
Nutritional Info (Per serving):
Calories: 173, Saturated Fat: 2g, Sodium: 494mg, Dietary Fiber: 5g, Total Fat: 12g, Carbs: 15g, Cholesterol: 2mg, Protein: 4g
Carb Choices: 0.5