Saturday, April 12, 2014
Thor is called the storm god, and he threw it at me tonight. I won. Started my run at 52 degrees, light wind, and some sprinkling rain. Finished at 42 degrees with 27 mph winds and heavy rain. It actually got bad enough that my stocking cap kept unrolling from the weight of being so wet. Not sure my actual time per mile, just bunched everything together. Started with a very short walk, took 2 potty breaks, one snack and cytomax break, and two foot stomping get the water out of my shoes because my feet are freezing mini walks. Total distance was around 13.5 miles I think. It was hard to judge precise distance with almost half the running on rustic foot paths going through the woods.
Random thought time-
1. Please don't ask me why I ran in the rain. It's a very long story.
2. Tonight was my first run in my new Solomon Mission XR shoes. Nice shoes for what they are intended to do.
3. If you use menthol muscle rub, wash your hands before you wipe your butt.
4. Eating a pound of asparagus and following it with some B vitamins can be very interesting.
5. Tonight's episode of SNL is not funny.
6. Adding strawberry protein powder to pancake mix and topping then with cranberry sauce is very yummy.
7. Black cats that sleep on the floor in the middle of the night, get stepped on.
8. You have one more week to buy ham on sale.
9. I will trade oil changes for foot rubs. BTW- I do the oil change. If you don't need an oil change I could do dishes, windows, or bathroom cleaning.
10. The last book I read was "Once A Runner
That's it for now. See you later, Konrad