Isn't it crazy how pictures can just jump you back into action?! I meet up with some of my friends on Saturday and they wanted pictures. I am not fond of pictures, I am always cringing when I see myself. And, I had come from Zumba, my hair was a mess and I forgot to bring a regular bra, so had to wear my sports bra under my change of clothes. All around, I was not keen on taking this photo.
Well....I was right. It stinks. I think I look terrible and this dress used to be a little big on me. I had lost about 25 pounds and kept it off for three years. Over the last year, I have had a very rough year, moved 3 times and am starting another new job. To say I have been stressed, is putting it mildly. I have finally come to a point where I am getting myself back together. However, I did gain my weight back and am 1# from my highest weight.
So...here is the photos, because they wanted multiple shots. Ugh!
So this week, I got back on track. I decided, even though my doc wants me to track calories, I can't track that and PP (WW) too. So, I decided I would just track PP. I started my week off on the Simply Filling plan. Well, by the end of the weekend, I had used up 33 of my 49 weekly points. I changed back to Tracking on Monday.
I did good, until Thursday hit. I was working with another (new) co-worker and poor thing. She was so stressed out when I met up with her. She vented, which I didn't mind. However, I noticed I ate so much more on Thursday evening after work. What was different? Having gone through a vent session, I must have just absorbed all of it and I guess it did stress me out. A better solution would have been to go to the gym, but I apparently relied on my old habits of being comforted by food. But...I tracked it all.
So, today I thought I would go to the 2 hour Zumba class. Which, I did. It made me feel so good! So energized and happy! I ate well for the rest of the day and just a bit ago I had 4 more points I didn't need. But, I am not going to beat myself up about that. I am learning. So, due to using a lot of PP this weekend (which I might not have used if doing Tracking instead of Simply Filling) and my Thursday, I am in the negative for the week. To the tune of -43. Not great.
What I am going to take this as is a learning experience. Here is what I have learned:
1) I love Simply Filling, but portion control is a problem for me. Tracking is what I need to do.
2) Stress, even from others, drives me to food. I need to try to recognize that sooner.
3) TV for me = Food. I need to re-work my evenings and plan on going to the gym instead of watching TV. It will make my day go better foodwise, it will give me those feel good endorphins and I won't be sitting in front of the TV wanting to eat.
4) I got up early one morning this week and went for a walk. I didn't worry about my pace (which is a first!) and I just enjoyed it. It set my day off really positively and I want to do that more often.
5) As Yoda says, "Do or Do Not - There is no try." I can want, wish and hope all I want, but only action is going to make a difference in my weightloss.