I stay up late, then I go to bed after sun up. I get a little sleep. Then I have to get up a shortly later, and wonder why being so tired I keep staying up so late every night.
Ugh. Last week, I not only did this, I stressed to the point that my stomach was in knots.
I missed swimming and all other exercise that week too, except for what I consider Day 1 of the weight loss week -- that's Thursday for me.
This week I'm determined to stop this cycle because it disrupts my exercise, makes me tired and keeps me from doing anything around the house, including cooking.
It's no wonder I put on 1.1 pounds this past week. At least that's all it was. I can come back from that easily.
But old habits, those can be a little harder to break.
I'll have to keep working on that.
In the meantime, I was thinking the other night that I should set some goals. Not weight loss goals per se, but something that is tied to that in some way.
Last time I lost a good deal of weight, not that long ago for those that remember, I used to get excited about regaining certain abilities.
I think my knew goals are going to be these:
- Grocery shop without the motorized cart.
- Go up a flight of stairs without stopping for breaks.
- Going to bed before 3 a.m.
- Exercise at least 3 times a week, although more is preferable.
- And get up at least once per hour at work rather than staying so glued to my chair that I never move until it's time to leave. I really do that sometimes. By the time I'm done, I'm ready to sprint to the ladies' room only my joints end up stiff and can barely move.
-Stop using the pharmacy drive thru and walk inside the store.
- Wear a pedometer and get more steps into my day, even a few.
I think those are all wonderful goals, some I can achieve sooner than others, but that way I can take them out one by one if I want. Will report my progress soon!