more useless facts
Friday, March 28, 2014
40. The first CD pressed in the US was Bruce Springstein's 'Born in the USA.'
41. The mask used by Michael Myers in the original Halloween
was actually a Captain Kirk mask painted white.
42. The first product Motorola developed was a record player for automobiles. At that time the most known player on the market was the Victrola, so they called themselves
44. By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you can't sink in quicksand.
AND....One should carry a stout pole while travelling in quicksand country...when placed under one's back, it helps one to float out of the quicksand.
Don't forget that one! You might need it someday!
47. Charlie Chaplin once won third prize in a Charlie Chaplin look alike contest.
48. In Gulliver's Travels Jonathan Swift described the two moons of Mars,
Phobos and Deimos, AND giving their exact size and speeds of rotation.
He did this more than one hundred years before either moon was discovered.
49. Chewing gum while peeling onions
will keep you from crying!