2014 is the year to make it happen and why
Thursday, March 13, 2014
During 2014 I will:
* have a grandson born to my oldest son and his wife.
* welcome a new daughter into the family when my second son gets married.
* send 2 sons on missions for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
* end the year with only 2 of 6 children home.
During 2014 I hope to:
1. have increased my spirituality by reading, praying and journaling daily (most of the time)
2. have organized my home by breaking the tasks down into manageable chuncks.
3. lost enough weight to weigh 199 or less.
I have been striving to be more spiritual for most of my life. Drawing closer to Christ is always imprortant. So that goal won't really have a done. Just a good enough next to it.
I want to feel like I can have people over at any time. I am tired of being so disorganized. I am learning how to get better at it. I still have times that my home is cleaner than others. The messy times are shorter and less so.
I want to lose weight for several reasons.
1. I want my blood sugar to be under better control.
2. I want to be able to stop thinking about the side effects of diabetes and various medications.
3. I want my kids to see success when they look at me. Not excusses for why it is SO HARD for me.
4. I want more energy.
5. I want to feel more confident in my appearance.
6. I want to know that I have done my part to control my diabetes.
7. I want to know I can do this. I only doubtfully hope right now.
As I think about the goals I know that I have struggled to really start because I doubt that it can be done. I know that I could make small chages and get big results. So I need to do this. I know I feel better with a few simple changes to my eating plan. I know that I feel better when I exercise well. It is time to do all that stuff.
If I do all that I have planned 2014 will be the year of success.