Sunday, March 09, 2014
Self Magazine clippings strewn about the table today. Time for a new collage. Picture and caption motivations. And this lovely list which I found useful but even better AMUSING ;-)
12 Ways to Think Slim --
"You don't need an overhaul of all your eateng habits to shed pounds. Adopting a few food mantras -- all backed by science can be as successful… and waaaayy easier:
1. Food is not a trophy (or reward)
2. Dessert is best on a full stomach.
3. 'Diet foods' aren't always - often aren't at all
4. Menus are eye candy -- ignore adjectives… settle on alean protein and a veggie side
5. Splurges have a short shelf life (excess fats might block the brains ability to respond to hormones that tell us we're full. measure fats to reset your signals)
6. Swaying is for trees. (Don't copy what others do)
7. The oxygen-mask rule applies to eating too.
8. Free comes with a price (none of something you don't want usually means more of something else you also don't want)
9. "Because it's there" is a reason for climbing Everest, not for a treat.
10. If it's sweet but not fruit, it's not breakfast.
11. It's no coincidence that fad rhymes with bad.
12. The more you sleep, the less you eat.
Of course, there are some paragraph details following each of these. If you want to see more… Go to page 101 of the Spring 2014 issue.