Six Weeks of Giving Up LAZY!
Wednesday, March 05, 2014
I'm setting a Lenten goal of getting off my duff and being ACTIVE for the next 6 weeks (and hopefully by then I'll have made a habit of it, and it will be nice enough I can actually run and walk outside again.) I have been slacking SO MUCH lately, and I know part of it is because my thyroid is all out of whack, but I can offset that with coffee. I'm also scared to move on the new job issue, but I'm even more scared of being stuck where I am.
So today is day one of my regimen and I have to get my hair cut this afternoon, which sort of throws off my plan, but not really. My lenten resolutions include:
1. No alcohol except for Friday wine.
2. No playing computer games until after Little Bear is asleep at night.
3. No just sitting around while he's napping. Either clean the house, dance, or work out.
4. I vow to do SOME kind of exercise every day, even if it's just 10 minutes, to get a 6-week streak with my SPAT.
5. Write something useful every day.
6. Study for the ACE every day.
7. Do something new-job-related every day (sign up with new company, inquire about a freelance job, whatever.)
The only person who is going to change my life for the better is ME. I have six weeks to set new habits. I can do it. :)