Since the beginning of Feb, my sister, daughter (Emma), my mom and I have been texting each other sharing a picture following a theme of the day… It is a really good way to keep the communication between us going – it could be challenging because of the distance between us (we live in different provinces…) My youngest daughter Maggie is contributing to it once in a while too….
So I thought of posting some of my favorites…
1) You : Well, us!
2) Something orange – Hot and Sweet Pepper Pumpkin Puree (Homemade BBQ Sauce!) recipes.sparkpeople.com/
3) Childhood: My daughters are growing up too fast – I keep this picture of them on my desk but this is like… more then 12 years ago now…
4) C is for… Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cookie with White Chocolate – HUGE! Hummm… How to track this?
5) Utensil – see, we are very creative: without a spoon (my daughter), use your fingers (my sister`s), chopstick (my mom) and a flat spoon for one of my favorite homemade Asian soup.
6) HEART – Key (actually it s my sister`s key and my library pass – I like them close together), a valentine note (from my 5yo niece to my sister), my mom`s bracelet and Emma`s cupcake treat!
7) Feet –
8) Peace – Namaste…
Note: practicing yoga (3-4X/week really makes a difference - I am stronger... physically and mentally too!)
9) Funny – Maggie and I making funny faces
10) Half – Sis, Emma and my tea
11) View – Ottawa (parliament hill from the Canadian Forces headquarters building) and Street of Quebec City
12) My favorite: Reflexion..."You have to be strong enough to be weak" - Jon Kabat Zinn; Emma practicing her techniques... the bottom one is an archives - probably taken 20 years ago - I miss my dear sister Eve (1976-2009) We think of her every day.
We are keeping it alive … as you can see from my last blog.
Yesterday`s theme was black and white…
My post was "Start of my day"… black and white and some shades in between.
Breakfast: coffee (in my bowl), banana sliced topped with FF vanilla yogurt and Chocolate Amaranth Granola... ; my notebook (so I keep track...); and my rock - a little gift that a dear friend of mine gave me - inspire...
My week so far:
- Food- On track and tracking...
I am also happy to say that I skip the dessert - a special BD cake - Maggie is 16!!!
But I had a piece of the giant cookie - but I did not cheat, I read the label and I put my portion on my food scale - 188 cal!
- After one week off – ONE FULL week without running – I am back… I went to yoga Sunday and again last night. I also did 30 min of spinning at lunch time yesterday. I was happy to be there - I got to spend it with my DH!
Finally, I did my long run today. 19k (inside running - 6.5k on treadmill and the rest on the track - at marathon pace). I feel it tonight but yoga was a nice way to stretch it out. My reward: a very nice filling dinner: Gnocchis and Sausages with Curry Sauce
- Water - no prob there!
- Sleep: Here is my report from fitbit.
Not so good, I need to get some zzz... On that note, I better turn it off. I will catch up with sparkfriends tomorrow - as it will be a rest day!